• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Semillon's 2013 run

Semillon

Goals this year are to put on some upper body size and hit 15% bodyfat. Also to beat nazzy in a race to 3x10 bodyweight chins :p

Pics taken at the end of 2012 comp, weight was 83.5kg:

6338d1355950886-semillon-2012-body-transformation-back_20.12.12.jpg

6339d1355950893-semillon-2012-body-transformation-front_20.12.12.jpg

6340d1355950899-semillon-2012-body-transformation-side_20.12.12.jpg

After some advice from the wise...

I know what I need to do to drop bodyfat now, managed to lose approx 10kg over the last 3months of 2012, however what would be the most efficient way to approach the 2013 comp - keep cutting down first and then work on putting on some more muscle mass, or go for a bulking run first up then cut down for the end of the comp?

After some advice from the wise...

I know what I need to do to drop bodyfat now, managed to lose approx 10kg over the last 3months of 2012, however what would be the most efficient way to approach the 2013 comp - keep cutting down first and then work on putting on some more muscle mass, or go for a bulking run first up then cut down for the end of the comp?

You and i look pretty similar. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing. :p

Answer to your question depends on whether you care about your numbers or not (eg competing). I do care about my numbers so onward for more strength for me - this should make my bmr go up which in turn makes bf go down. If your priorities are appearance related, should be an easy decision / route :)

Good luck for 2013 mate. Always enjoyed following your progress.

Thanks wingers.

I have no plans for competing this coming year, have at least 3 more months of rehab on my leg before thinking about any 1RMs and also want to give the bodybuilding focused training a try.

Good luck Semillon.
If ya wanna win with the chins, do em as often as possible, everyday if you can, multiple times throughout the day, just do em!!!

As I know you ill throw my 20 cents in.... That and I'm drinking beer atm...

100% you need to lose weight...

Get to 12% first before you worry about anything else....

Then run a moderate calorie excess and see how strong you can get... But don't let
Yourself get fat again...

One other thing.... If any of the overweighters achieve sub 11% body fat... They will easily place top 3 imo....

You could easily do this if you start now....

Last edited:
Also if you want to get stronger at chins you need to stop doing them... You'll get to 3x10 in no time doing this.. p: