• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Canned Tuna's 2013 transformation

canned tuna

Weight: 74
Bf%: Not sure, estimate 10
Height: 6'2"

Lifting stats - 1rms
Bench 80kg
Deadlift 140kg
Squat reps focus

Training style: Focusing on hypertrophy 100% for now. Running a split of
Chest/Biceps
Legs/abs
Back/Triceps
Shoulders/traps/abs

Diet will be pretty loose. I can still get in 3000cal+ while enjoying myself. Enjoying myself is my key to be motivated

From a Bodybuilding perspective I want much bigger shoulders and also a couple of inches on my arms. Everything else can develop along at normal pace. Got to go easy on obliques as they respond extremely well and will not be good for the classic V taper I want
Tris and Bis get worked twice a week essentially. Can get a much better workout on tris if done on back day, and vise versa for bis/chest day

2013 will see good improvements across the board

Will take pics next time I'm home at night time - that has the ideal lighting

Back double bis
GNb0V.jpg

Front double bis
rRJXs.jpg

Front nothing pose.
ABoKW.jpg

That weird abs crunch pose
KNDol.jpg

Last edited:
Alright I'm doing more pics this year. Last year's comparison pics from the front were shit indicators of development

Going with the BB poses as best I can

Front pics are bullshit as you can do so many different things with your guts... pull in, pull up, lean in... It all effects how the serratus, chest and lats appear

Just gonna try as best I can to be consistent anyway

Original post updated

Cheers

Last edited:
Training going well.. and Getting fatter... abs disappearing. Been smashing approx 3-4000 calories every day

Last edited:
Cheers mate.
Big session approaching this afternoon, heavyish DLs and a whooole lotta pulling exercises.

I 'd heard of the idea before that there's a stage of digestion in all foods where energy is most available to you for use / you feel most energetic, and follow a general rule to eat an hour or so before workout (fluctuates depending on food)
Obviously some foods process in our bodies quicker due to GI....
So I have made notes of when I feel like I have the most energy at which time periods after eating particular foods, such as oats, white bread sandwhiches, mi goreng noodles, bananas...
The results so far a pretty consistent for each individual meal.. I notice a peak in energy and also a very small and manageable crash afterwards (usually when I'd feel hungry and want more food
So today I will time the digestion of my migoreng so I have peak energy from that source during workout.. will have to eat two packs approx 1hr 40 before lifting and should get about half an hour of feeling somewhat extra energetic

Last edited:
Yo - I was just looking at your first post, in particular, "That weird abs crunch pose".

Do you get any lower back (or anywhere in that region)? It just looks like you've got a bit of a lean happening, see how your left hip goes straight up along your obliques, whereas your right hip seems to angle inwards more so that it looks like your right shoulder sits out further over your hip than your left hand side does.

Anyway - just curious because I've noticed a similar thing happening in the last year and I'm getting physio done at the moment to try fix up the right hammy/right glute med (and I think it's all connected).

Good luck this year.

Also re your post above, I don't really have any issues with energy when I'm bulking.. you get to eat carbs all day long.

Yo - I was just looking at your first post, in particular, "That weird abs crunch pose".

Do you get any lower back (or anywhere in that region)? It just looks like you've got a bit of a lean happening, see how your left hip goes straight up along your obliques, whereas your right hip seems to angle inwards more so that it looks like your right shoulder sits out further over your hip than your left hand side does.

Anyway - just curious because I've noticed a similar thing happening in the last year and I'm getting physio done at the moment to try fix up the right hammy/right glute med (and I think it's all connected).

Good luck this year.

Also re your post above, I don't really have any issues with energy when I'm bulking.. you get to eat carbs all day long.

Hey mate, I haven't noticed much of a misallignmemt in a casual stance, perhaps it's just the pose.
You missed out a word in your question, I'm assuming you're asking if I get any pain? If so, I haven't noticed any pain in that region.
I do get sore hips from squats and dl but that's not really related I don't think
Has yours caused any issues for you or are you fixing it for other reasons?

Just on the train to the gym now, walking through the rain.... kind of have an accomplished feeling enduring the conditions to get the job done

Sitting between 75-76 for the last week or so, Bulkers gonna bulk
QGDC4yB.jpg

Here I come 80kg.... I hope.. goal is 1kg a month

Last edited:
Woot. 3 to go before I consider myself 100% past 80kg (water, food and shit weight aren't bulky gains)
eULWBQF.jpg

Last edited:
Back down in weight a bit this week, been too lazy to keep overeating. Sitting at 76 to 77kg

I'm training for the dragonboat race this year again, which is interfering with my usual routine at the gym when it comes to recovering... dragonboat training is intense and takes days to recover from it

Til next update