• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Greenies and worry warts.......

As much as I like George Carlin I don't agree with everything he spouts. Of course when people talk about saving the planet they mean preserving things the way they are or were to do with out natural habitat for ourselves, our species and future generations.

At first he says we're arrogant to suggest that we have any impact and then he says 'haven't we done enough (to screw things up) already?' which is obviously contradictory.

It's easy to complain about everything that's wrong and not make suggestions for how to do things a right way. People love speeches like this because it absolves them of guilt and responsibility for being a burden on conservation simply by existing in the wasteful consumer culture that we live in.

I severely doubt he wishes everyone just say fuck it all lets just tear this place to shit and have fun and fuck the consequences. It's self interested acts like that which make the system so broken as he will refer to in other videos. He says the system is too broken to fix so he just sits back and says he has no invested interest in it. He says the problem is that everyone wants a bigger truck and a phone that'll rub their balls and that he's no different or better than anyone else. He also says scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist. I think you'd find he would have tried to live by his ideals and not be part of the problem, or what he see's as the problem as best he could.

As much as I like George Carlin I don't agree with everything he spouts. Of course when people talk about saving the planet they mean preserving things the way they are or were to do with out natural habitat for ourselves, our species and future generations.

At first he says we're arrogant to suggest that we have any impact and then he says 'haven't we done enough (to screw things up) already?' which is obviously contradictory.

It's easy to complain about everything that's wrong and not make suggestions for how to do things a right way. People love speeches like this because it absolves them of guilt and responsibility for being a burden on conservation simply by existing in the wasteful consumer culture that we live in.

I severely doubt he wishes everyone just say fuck it all lets just tear this place to shit and have fun and fuck the consequences. It's self interested acts like that which make the system so broken as he will refer to in other videos. He says the system is too broken to fix so he just sits back and says he has no invested interest in it. He says the problem is that everyone wants a bigger truck and a phone that'll rub their balls and that he's no different or better than anyone else. He also says scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist. I think you'd find he would have tried to live by his ideals and not be part of the problem, or what he see's as the problem as best he could.

You do realise it is comedy sketch, not his personal political / environmental views and suggested policies for the future.

You do know the difference between a joke and a serious discussion:confused::confused:

But reading your above rant I doubt you do...

Dismiss it as comedy if you like but when it comes to comedians like Carlin or Hicks, I don't think they mince their words.

These preachy comedians are the best comedians because they believe in what they say.

Sure it's dispersed with jokes but it's their public forum to express their opinion.

I don't think it's wrong to believe them because I think you'll find a lot of their audience would. A lot of the time in candid interviews they will say the same stuff as their acts and I don't think either of them particularly play character that betrays them in any way.

Love George and actually agree with most of what he says. But yes this is comedy and there's a lot of tongue in cheek. The point he is making is that the planet and mother nature is fine and will always seek homeostasis.. we are the problem!