• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

string teenyboppers less likely to die..

The problem I have with studies like this is that with so many variables maybe it's not that they are stronger than the weaker kids but they probably look after themselves better with better food choices, less drugs/alcohol etc

This is true, my brother in his younger years was extremely fit, doing serious body building training and was about to sit for his black belt grading which would involve about 6-8 hours of extreme pain.

He was at this time involved in a bad car smash involving a drink driver, he almost died and was in a coma for quite some time.

After he came out of surgery the doctor told us the only reason he is still alive was because of his build and extreme fitness, anyone else would have not made it through.

The problem I have with studies like this is that with so many variables maybe it's not that they are stronger than the weaker kids but they probably look after themselves better with better food choices, less drugs/alcohol etc

yeah, i think most people will realise that it's a correlation, not a causation. they're not saying "go get big so you don't get a mental disorder and die".

that being said, i would say that there's probably also a correllation between being stronger and being healthier, having better genetics, having higher testosterone levels, having more self esteem, etc, etc.

it's all a rich tapestry...

yeah, i think most people will realise that it's a correlation, not a causation. they're not saying "go get big so you don't get a mental disorder and die".

that being said, i would say that there's probably also a correllation between being stronger and being healthier, having better genetics, having higher testosterone levels, having more self esteem, etc, etc.

it's all a rich tapestry...

Just like you, I would say suicide rates are directly related to self esteem etc... and stronger teens would have a lot more of it.

The YMCA had a very important motto.

Anyone know what it was?

In the old days, bodybiulding was called physical culture.

The YMCA had a very important motto.

Anyone know what it was?

In the old days, bodybiulding was called physical culture.

"Build a healthy spirit, mind & body for all"?

Well thats what it was when I went in North America anyway lol

Self esteem isn't just about the way you look

Fucking oath it is, thats why we all hit the gym. Whether your on a strength disguised or looks based drive we all start yhis journey cause we're insecure about the way we look.

Makes you feel good, some pencil neck will be chewing me out at work or giving me a traffic ticket and I feel shit hot knowing he knows just by looking at me that I'm twice the man he is physically.

Having a presence and a don't fuck with me aura amongst men is the ultimate ego trip for a bloke.

Fucking oath it is, thats why we all hit the gym. Whether your on a strength disguised or looks based drive we all start yhis journey cause we're insecure about the way we look.

Makes you feel good, some pencil neck will be chewing me out at work or giving me a traffic ticket and I feel shit hot knowing he knows just by looking at me that I'm twice the man he is physically.

Having a presence and a don't fuck with me aura amongst men is the ultimate ego trip for a bloke.

Not sure if you're serious Fluff but having an aura and presence is more about about attitude than looks.
My black American friend always says, being black is not about colour, it's attitude.

Not sure if you're serious Fluff but having an aura and presence is more about about attitude than looks.
My black American friend always says, being black is not about colour, it's attitude.

A 65kg bloke can have as much attitude as he wants, but he still will not have the presence of a 6'2" 110kg guy that lifts serious weights, most people will think the former has 'little man' syndrome if he appears to have too much attitude.

Semi serious to be honest dark. Its alot easier for a big unit to carry on with bullshit and bravado, you find little guys don't really get away with it.

But your right attitude has alot to with it, but the young blokes don't have natural charisma they feel lost hence the suicide rate the big kids can use their brawn to punch through their young lives head on.