• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Worlds tallest building - built in 90 days

The chinese are going ahead to build the world's tallest building in just 90 days, using a unique modular construction method which they've used previously to build a 30 storey building in an incredible 15 days.

Developer reaffirms plan to finish world's tallest building in 90 days | Crave - CNET

The 30 storey time lap is fucking amazing. I'm pretty heavily involved with modular buildings coming out of china with my work, it's an eye opener they sure know how to get shit done.

That time lapse video was incredible
They must have tweaked the modular system since considering the design and shape of the new skyscraper.

That time lapse video was incredible
They must have tweaked the modular system since considering the design and shape of the new skyscraper.

Good old pyramid construction just using steel boxes instead of square rocks.

Gotta say the chinks get it done quick but their quality is shit. Unless a round eye stands there with a tape measure checking everything it all gets fucked up. They don't have a real good eye for detail.

It's still hard to believe that they can build it in 90 days

your thinking like a aussie dark, its actually the equivalent to 180 of our working days cause they work around the clock 12hr shifts, plus it's 90 days to assemble it not taking into account the pre fab in the factory.

That pretty impressive !
I wonder what the sound proofing from room to room is like ?

That pretty impressive !
I wonder what the sound proofing from room to room is like ?

And the quality of the fitout!
That's an amazing time frame!! I'm working on a house at the moment that's been going for 18 months! Ha

If you go to Shenzhen you can see the poor quality of their work, their new buildings look fifty years old.
But they are very proud that they can build them super quick.

I would be hesitant.. the first thing that popped into my mind was, 90 days for assembly, but the pre fabrication takes how long?

Impressive if the finished building is strong and has good longevity about it. Apparently can withstand mag 9.0 earthquake? That's a pretty big claim, but impressive if true. I wouldn't want to be at the top in a mag 9 quake.

They're getting shit done the Chinese!

yes they are, not a clean river to be seen, greenies have little infleunce, and the society one of most unequal and corrupt in world with most ordinary chinese having increasing contemt for the party and elites.

That building will be incredibly inefficent to run and if there is a fire in one apartment it would quicly fill the whole thing with smoke and burn to the ground.

I will second what spratacus said too they treat the workers like shit. The factory pumping out prefabs that we are putting together pays their guys AUD$7 a day, and before anyone starts banging on about the exchange rate no it isn't enough to live on comfortably over there. They also work 15hrs a day 7 days a week, with a half hour break. 5am - 8pm with only lunch.

I've been to China and the quality of their hotels and building is absolute shit. Hotel we stayed at in Shanghai was only 12 months old and looked like it was about to fall apart with cracks, sloppy plastering and shitty tiling. Hate to think what the structure underneath looked like.

Amazing what you can do though with an unlimited amount of workers prepared to work for fuck all.

I wonder how many blokes will die during construction, not very stringent OHS laws if any. Will certainly make a hell of a mess if the fucker comes down in a quake or cyclone.