• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Research testing for D-Aspartic Acid at Sydney University

Bulk Nutrients

Site Advertiser
We have confirmed that we will be providing D Aspartic Acid for a research project at a NSW University early next year.
The trial will look at D Aspartic Acid:

The overview of the current study plan is a 25w training intervention with a 1 week ‘deload’ period in the middle splitting the study into 2x 12 week cycles. The intention is to have three groups
1. Placebo (0g pseudo pills)

2. 3g daily D-Asp

3. 6g daily D-Asp

with ideally 10 or more people per group.

Post workout nutrition is also a key variable that we wish to control, a mix of protein and carbohydrate (most probably WPI & maltodextrin) 4x week.

Currently, budget allocation is focused on multiple timepoint measures of total testosterone, as well as HDL cholesterol. We were also keen on looking at estradiol.

We can't give too many details at the moment as the study hasn't started, however these are researchers who are experienced in exercise physiology.

- The Bulk Nutrients Team
531105_10151245062554086_1955513925_n.jpg

Bazza,

We are providing Sydney Uni with over 15kg of powder.
Regardless, even if they were taking capsules, the powder inside the capsule is the same.

I am not worried about powder vs capsules.

I am looking at the placebo. You said it was placebo pills then if you have the actual groups on powder it is pretty obvious if you are taking placebo or not. The placebo group only works properly if they don't know that they are taking the placebo.

Given aspartame is a source of L-Aspartic acid that is converted by an enzyme to D-Aspartic acid, you'd probably need to control for consumption of diet soft drinks?

Good on you guys - great to see this followed through after our test last year and start of this one.

I might give it another whirl this Summer... still have last year's supps leftover. :)

I am not worried about powder vs capsules.

I am looking at the placebo. You said it was placebo pills then if you have the actual groups on powder it is pretty obvious if you are taking placebo or not. The placebo group only works properly if they don't know that they are taking the placebo.

What we are providing Sydney Uni with is D-Aspartic Acid in powder form.
They, however, may choose to do whatever is necessary for an even study. This may mean encapsulating the powder (or we may do it for them if asked).
Early days still.

It will be a good study. 24 weeks is a long time for a RT study. there has only be one study for DAA on humans, and it only lasted 12 days, so this study will give heaps of new info.

ive started on the DAA (finished my first 120 capsules, starting my second now). so far so good. I got a blood test for Tlevel the day before I started so when i see my Doctor in a few weeks ill ask for another. It will be interesting.

It has begun now. Testing is happening. Im a subject, start tomorrow, i didn't plan on it but may as well.

Its just DAA 3mg vs DAA 6mg vs Placebo, I'm pretty sure

Its only a four week study now

We certainly did provide all the DAA for the study, however we haven't received any more info as yet.
I do know the study suffered some delays due to some minor issues with approval though, which is very common.

When a clinical study is happening you don't really get updates as such. You just get the info once all the research has been collaborated and conclusions are drawn.

haz,
It sounds like this has just got rolling by reading your post?
If it is at the University of Western Sydney, then that will be the one.