• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

program for my girlfriend ?

kyronE

my girlfriend wants to tone up a bit. and considering we have different goals i'm not sure how to train her. i've finally convinced her that weights are good. and she likes the gym are the programs the same for girls and guys or is there something different i should give her ? :)

The program doesn't have to be any different

Main thing (initially at least) will be doing things that make it interesting for her.
(If you can convince her to do donkey calf raises it would be win win for everyone :D )

A frustrating dilema many men who workout face and one that is facing fitnesss marketers as we speak. My suggestion is to get her a copy of Oxygen Magazine, there a some great examples of women who weight train.

I had my wife doing a basic upper/lower split 3x a week with compound lifts after giving birth to our daughter. she was looking great in a bikini 5 months after birth (probably better shape than before) and she was deadlifting 70kgx8 at 45kgbw..

keep it simple IMO, female yes, but its still just the human body!!

The program doesn't have to be any different

Main thing (initially at least) will be doing things that make it interesting for her.
(If you can convince her to do donkey calf raises it would be win win for everyone :D )

ill make sure to chuck that in. big win for everyone haha

Find out her target areas, and probably get her to try out lots of machines. I know to lift heavy machines sometimes aren't the best, but it will be fun, and potentially very targeted where she likes. If she wants more of a cardiovascular workout those circuits can be fun, but depends how challenging and heavy she would go :) Goodluck man, I been trying to get mine in gym for ages, she just plays netball non-stop (not great for her knees).

hnnng girls who squat!

benching will make her tits bigger.

squats will make her ass look even better, they will also enhance her already good looking legs.

*note how you word it to make it always improving on something that is already good muhuhahahaha
+1 to bradders, its simple, easy to follow, half half between strength training and bodybuilding, would be a good introductory for said girlfriend

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

my girlfriend has finally agreed to this .. excited for her to see that it will work. taken weeks of convincing she isnt gonna get 'huge'.

*waits for her arms to swell up over the next couple workouts, and then complain that she's getting too big*

sorry the the late late reply it was going great squat/70/ mp/30/dead/100 but then all motivation dissapeared and now i've just finally gotten her back into it women -__-