• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Gold Coast - What's happening

tom bro

PTC Gold Coast
Hey everyone!

I'll be using this thread to post the highlights of the training here at PTC Gold Coast. There will be regular videos of our lifters bettering themselves.

Highlights of the last few nights:

Matt and Josiah have come in to test their openers for the GPC push/pull on Sunday. Both guys are looking good to break their pb's.

Tim came in to do some squats and conditioning. Tim plays ice hockey, so I've worked out some programming to suit his needs.

Last night a crossfitter came in to have a poke around. He's looking to get out of it due to the ridiculous pricing of the 'boxes' around here. I worked a bit of 'powervangelism' and hopefully he will convert.

Good to hear you're up and running mate. Even though PTC Perth is by far the best branch, ill drop in for a chat & squat next time im in that neck of the woods :)

And yeah on the powervangelism, there seems to be heaps of CF converts at all PTC branches.

Taz came in tonight for a technique session. He ended up hitting a deadlift pb of 180kg. We talked through his goals. He wants a 500kg total. So that's what we're working towards for states. He's a good lifter though, so I predict his total will be much higher than that by states.

[youtube]RHk_bAOEX90[/youtube]

Josiah and Tim popped in today.

I did deadlifts, working up to 3 x 200kg x 3 for speed reps.

A new lifter, Michael, came and had a technique session, which lead to him joining. Michael is a union player who plays at a high level. He's got some good power, and we managed to correct lots of his technique issues. He said he may be interested in some powerlifting comps in the offseason, which is great because he has tonnes of potential.

Taz and Michael came in last night.

Both of them starting a 4 week cycle I've written, leading up to a max test just before Christmas.

Both of them really struggled with the GHR in their first technique session with me, but managed to each get 3 sets out last night.

I was meant to squat but by 140kg it was too painful so pulled deficit deads up to about 200kg for speed.

Crossfit dude came in AGAIN to have a chat. Says he's going to join on Tuesday. Hope so!

Josiah came in to do some light front squats and deadlifts, rehabbing a glute/lower back injury.

I did bench.

Crossfit guy, Paul, came in and joined. We ran through a technique session, leading to him pulling an easy deadlift pb of 140kg (after some major form adjustments). He's another light guy and has some serious strength potential.

A video of PTC Gold Coast at the national push/pull

[youtube]UOfbAOL4anU[/youtube]

Josiah hit his planned 140 bench for a pb.

Matt hit his planned 100 bench and 220 dead. Narrowly missed a 105 bench.

Both guys did really well. Scott puts on an awesome show. The comp had an awesome atmosphere. 350kg deadlifts help that lol.

Last night:

Paul came in and did some technique work on snatches and overhead stuff.
Josiah came in and did some bench accessories.
Brent came in for a technique coaching session. He is the first person to collapse after being introduced to the prowler :)

Deadlift session tonight:

Josiah did rehab deads. He has a glute/low back injury he's fighting through, but will hopefully back to 100% by new year.

Taz worked up to a speedy 3 x 125kg x 5, followed by 5 sets of deficits
Michael worked up to 3 x 95kg x 5, followed by 5 sets of deficits
I did 3 x 210kg x 2

Good night.

Squat night tonight

Taz hit 127.5 for 5 sets of 3

Paul smashed 90kg for 3 sets of 5

Michael blasted through 5 sets of 3 of 105kg.

I'm fighting a hip injury still. Worked up to a couple of singles at 180kg. Pain is less than usual. I think I'm finally on the road to recovery, but last time I spoke too soon and got hurt again.

Josiah started my '3,2,1' peaking cycle for bench. He hit 140 at comp and wants 150 by new years eve.

Over the last few days:

A lifter from tweed, Michael, came up for a technique session. Michael had a few minor form issues, but if he keeps at it will be a very good competitor

Last night was benching night.
Taz hit 100kg for 5 triples
Michael hit 87.5kg for 5 triples
Paul hit 65 for 3 sets of 5
I worked on paused singles, with a speed focus, up to 140kg.

Really good session tonight:

Michael deadlifted up to 112.5 for 5 triples. His max a few weeks ago was around 130. I think he will hit 160 in 3 weeks when we test with no issues. He's really fixed up his form. Just need to get him to stop ripping his pants every training session lol.

Taz worked up to 142.5 kg for 5 triples.

I hit 220kg for a triple, conventional. I hate conventional so flaming much lol. My hip was too sore to go sumo unfortunately.

Paul deadlifted 105kg for 3 sets of 5

Josiah hit 100kg close grip speed reps for 4 sets of 3 and 2 x 2. He really wants 150kg before year's end!

Josiah is one determined mother fucker.

Why not continue with conv. if sumo gies you shit?

Lol you're not wrong about that.

Squats are what are hurting me. Normally I can rehab the joint to be fine to deadlift by the end of the week if it gets hurt from squatting. But this week was particularly bad. I did a 6 week cycle of conventional deads, leading up to the 272 at your gym. I just need to be less stubborn and work them into training more.

Tonight:

Josiah came in and smashed 120kg for 3 sets of 2 on the bench
Taz hit 137.5kg for 6 sets of 2 on squats
Paul hit 112.5kg for 5 sets of 3
Michael hit 111kg for 6 sets of 2
I worked up to 180kg x 6 on squats. Hip started playing up so didnt go any higher than that.

A new lifter came in for a technique session. He hit a personal best of 90kg on the bench and 130kg on the deadlift. He hit 1 rep and it was so smooth I told him to do another, which he smashed. His name is Dave and he's mid 40's. He's going to start training full time here which is awesome.

Highlights of last night:

Taz smashed 105kg for 6 sets of 2 on the bench
Paul and Michael benched, we went through some technique coaching stuff.
Josiah came in to do some conditioning
I hit 135kg with a 5 second pause on bench, then did some speed work.

Tonight:

Josiah used bands on bench for the first time. Form sucked at first, but he was nailing it after a few sets.

Taz hit 152.5kg for 6 doubles on deadlifts.
Michael blasted through 120 for 6 doubles
Paul hit 120 for 5 triples.
I worked up to a 240 single conventional, then hit 180 for 10. Im not allowed to squat or do sumo til the new year, so ill be smashing conventional deads.

Also, Michael is officially the first to vomit in the gym :)