• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Legality of training training without cert 3/4?

zan777

In a couple of weeks time I will be 2/3 years finished my sports science degree. I train from home and have ample equipment to do 1 on 1 training (rack, bumpers, 10-40kg dumbells + much more).

I'm feeling pretty confident to be able to train say middle age mums looking to loose weight, never touched weights style demographic to get used to writing training program's etc etc.

Only problem is that although being nearly finished a sports sci degree I still hold no formal qualifications and dont have the time or money to do cert 3/4. Is there a way you can train someone in a personal environment without these qualifications and what would you do in terms of personal cover in the unlikely event of an accident?

Some advice would be great.

Cheers

You hurt them and then have no insurance will fuck you up for life. And don't think you won't ever have it happen, it does all the time due to people not listening or you missing one little thing.

You don't need qualifications, personal training is an unregulated industry. But you will find it hard/impossible to get insurance without any, and it only takes one lawsuit to put you in the hole for life.

Cert 3/4 ain't worth a bag of dogshit. Its just a means of Fitness Australia to get money out of you. You do need insurance and to get that you generally need some sort of qualification but the sport science degree might be close to enough. I think you can actually get your cert 3/4 via the degree by filling out some sort of form proving that you have fulfilled all the module requirements.

Email your info to either Fitness Australia or physical activity Australia (or Kinect they changed names). If you provide your current transcript they should be able to help you with what you need to do for a short course to be registered.

Thanks so much guys this is exactly the type of information I wanted to hear. Obviously don't want to put myself in a position that jepordizes myself down the track.

I will look into the options you have provided above

Where abouts are you from?

I'm pretty much in the same boat, just about to finish my 2nd year of S&E science. However, I've just found a tafe that is willing to recognise what we've already learnt throughout our course, and will be running a week long course later this year to get me qualified for cert III and IV.

Australia _needs_ to get rid of this litigation business, Make it like NZ where the government department ACC (Accident compensation) covers compensation and you essentially can't sue for personal injury!

Where abouts are you from?

I'm pretty much in the same boat, just about to finish my 2nd year of S&E science. However, I've just found a tafe that is willing to recognise what we've already learnt throughout our course, and will be running a week long course later this year to get me qualified for cert III and IV.

I'm in Sydney? This sounds good, how much do they charge may I ask?

I'm in Sydney? This sounds good, how much do they charge may I ask?

Loftus Tafe in Sutherland is running the week long course from Dec 3 - 7. It's $1075 for both courses.

I'm not sure how much that price compares to other courses, but if it means getting qualified within a week and not having to defer uni, it's basically the best opportunity for me right now.