• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Peak UV times

lex

between 8am and 10am, and 2pm and 4pm, for most of the year because of the angle of the sun in relation to the eyes at those times .

eyes are vulnerable to UV damage at all times of the day

Supposedly ordinary sunnies aren't good enough to prevent eye damage

UV eye danger of a sunny morning

I tend to cover up if I'm working outside, otherwise best bet is to stay inside or the shade. I burn in seconds!

I've had a number of cancerous areas cut out. Even had a cancerous area on my leg "frozen" on Friday.

Had to endure treatment on my face which required me to apply this cream to my face which slowly "burnt off" all the skin damaged areas. That process was a bitch. 3 weeks or so of having a red face, 3 weeks of not being able to go into sunlight, not being able to work or lead a normal life.

Wear sunscreen and cover up but not all the time. Even the Skin Cancer group recommends you don't apply all over sun screen during winter months - vitamin D definencies and all that, but the rest of the year definitely.

Remember SLIP, SLOP, SLAP, WRAP!

Last edited:
I know all of the above which is great advice, my mum died young of cancer and my grand father had skin canvers all over him, yet I just love the sun and a good tan, although I still try to apply sunscrean and wear a hat...

Well I was out in the sun for most of yesterday. out between 2 and 4, and my back is pretty bloody burnt....

Symptoms and diagnosis

The sooner a skin cancer is identified and treated, the better your chance of avoiding surgery or, in the case of a serious melanoma or other skin cancer, potential disfigurement or even death.

Become familiar with the look of your skin, so you pick up any changes that might suggest a skin cancer. Look for:
  • any crusty, non-healing sores
  • small lumps that are red, pale or pearly in colour
  • new spots, freckles or any moles changing in colour, thickness or shape over a period of weeks to months (especially those dark brown to black, red or blue-black in colour).
If you notice any changes consult your doctor.
Skin cancer - Cancer Council Australia

Skin Cancer - National Skin Cancer Awareness Campaign

http://www.skincancer.gov.au/internet/skincancer/publishing.nsf/Content/fact-sunglasses

Last edited:
Should probs check my back regularly... shoulders are pretty fucked, got those little white spots all over them lol..

It's hard to find SPF50+ sunscreen here in Oz.. I go to the net and buy from overseas. Most of the stuff you get from the chemists are oily as shit anyway, they make my face shinier than a saucepan.

working in the sun all day is pretty shit, i always wear a wide brim hat, had a straw hat the fitted perfectly through studs untill the top blew out, usually wear sunnies, that reminds me, need to super glue mine for tomorrow

Long sleeves and pants for me when I go out in the sun. Have seen too many people claimed by melanoma to stuff around with the sun. I'm damaged anyway from being burnt all the time when I was younger.

It's surprising how cool the right long cotton shirts can be, I actually feel the heat less compared with having the skin exposed.

Do you go for the fluoro long sleevers (reflect light and heat) that road workers (and ravers) wear, or just any old cotton one?

If its for any manual work, then the free fluoro ones that I have accumulated over the years are the best. Otherwise it's the grandpa and rock spider clobber (country road and nautica).

I love the sun, I've never worn sunscreen (maybe as I kid but looking at old photos I'm tanned then too). I get yearly checkups on my birthday, that way I remember when it's due.