• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Matts meat balls in sauce

Sydking

got these puppies down pat now.

500g mince
2 eggs
2 slices of good wholegrain bread, soaked in half a cup of milk ( instead of bread crubms)
50g parmasan cheese grated
1 brown onion, grated or finley chopped
salt
2 gloves crushed garlic
pepper
teaspoon or two dried hearb mix

get your hands in and mix it all up, Make some balls and fry them off ( brown them) I usally do them a little big smaller then a tennis ball.

Beofore you start the meat balls you should put your sauce on to start cooking down, Now i use homemade tomatoes that ive boiled down and bottled my self, But get 2 tins of crushed tomato and a bottle of pasata, 2 table spoons on tomato paste.

Simmer it all, Once meat balls are borwned just drop them in, Simmer for about a hour. or unitll its nice and thick.

I like to add in a whole heap of choped mushrooms. about 20min before i take them off :)

even better the next day......

Last edited:
Dont forget to salt the sauce, not to much at the start as it will reduce and you might end up with something far to salty.

Is so, Chuck a few whole spuds in there and they will saok up the salt.

Yeah very nice, mum used to make something similar, but sometimes for something different used to mix in some cooked rice into meatball mix and stuff it all into a red or green capsicum, yummo!!!

Yeah very nice, mum used to make something similar, but sometimes for something different used to mix in some cooked rice into meatball mix and stuff it all into a red or green capsicum, yummo!!!

Hell yea!! bake thoes in the oven and they come out awsome, Works great with eggplants too!!

Sounds good!

It's stuff like this that I'm looking forward to making when I'm living out of home.

good stuff man, ive been cooking for myself since i was about 12/13 ish i LOVE it.

Got plenty of good stuff over the years, if this is the sort of stuff you like i will post up some more.

Got a good recipe for BBQ or Grilled chicken skewers i had the other week. toped with a veg/salad and sweet potato mash you frekking laughing

Homeade beef jerky/billtong is another must have.