• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fitbit - activity and sleep tracker?

Works well ?

There are a couple of open source ones on the way (about 6 -12 months time)

but want something that just works , is easy to use and isn't annoying/doesn't get in the way.

I'd go for a sports watch but find watches to uncomfortable and can't wear them when exercising or working as wrist expands/swells to much.

Last edited:
I've been using the Fitbit ultra.

I like the pedometer function and logging/synchronising you can do. I don't use the sleep function.

Just logging with the web site. I think they said they will be releasing an iPhone app for it soon.

Downloaded.

To buy next week the newer fitbits. The wireless model to talk to the iPhone.

I do like it. Especially good for the walking, I like seeing how much I walk/move.

Works well ?

yeah its pretty awesome. i have the one that syncs with your iphone to give live calories expenditure. the sleep tracker is useful too, only thing i dont like about it is its a bit bulky on your arm and once you know your average calorie expenditure you really dont need to wear it everyday

Thanks

I want some thing that alerts me when I haven't exercised enough or sat still for to long.
For when I'm in the office and on software projects or working at home.

I used one for about 4 months (after 9 months of BMF use) and found that it was pretty accurate for cals burnt except for it was about 250cals short for resistance training. This is compared to projected losses/gains over time. If you search bmf vs fitbit you should find my thread.

I currently have a mio active watch which I like for the pedometer part of it but the cals burnt from exercise seem very low. (and you input you're stats into it so it shouldn't be generic)

I bought a fitbit today, love it so far. I have consumed 160 calories more than I have actively burned!
Syncs with My Fitness Pal.

I have the flex!
I didn't realise you have to start/stop sleep programs. So far its pretty useful. I punched all my food into MFP for the day and it tells me I need to burn an extra 160 calories today. Thats vacuuming the house lol!

I have the flex!
I didn't realise you have to start/stop sleep programs. So far its pretty useful. I punched all my food into MFP for the day and it tells me I need to burn an extra 160 calories today. Thats vacuuming the house lol!

It's pretty cool in that you can actually back date the sleep so if you forgot to put it in sleep mode you can just log it in the app and it will retro fit it...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4