• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Has our war on microbes left our immune systems prone to dysfunction?

that which doesn't kills us only makes us stronger

Not really.

Problem is its a fine line between exposing the immune system to a wide range of bugs and making you sick. Getting pneumonia and end up with permanent lung scarring and reduced lung capacity is hardly making you stronger.

The more energy the body has to put into fighting off infection the less energy left for growth. This is why average heights have been increasing over the years. Less infection and better access to food during our growing years.

Get sick during a growth spurt in your teens could potentially knock cms off your height. Not really a issue for most of us now but the same thing would happen with muscle growth. Not going to grow much muscle if you are constantly sick from being unhygienic.

It's not as simple as saying we just need to get out in the dirt and eat mud and shit as kids.

I'm pretty confident that overly hygienic environments will prove to be the root cause of the fairly dramatic increase in children with allergies. there are studies to back the theory to some extent (Allergy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Hygiene hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and speaking anecdotally, it seems to me that the kids who have the allergy problems are typically the ones with the mums who are super anal.

i'm also seeing a lot of mums blanding out their kids diets. one in particular, she's almost 18 months the only things i've ever seen her eating/drinking are breast milk (yay) fruit mush and those breadsticks for kids. can't imagine that helps :\

Last edited: