• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Career Change - what would you become?

Bella

Babycakes
If you could do anything & get paid for your passion & be ensured you'd have financial stability doing it, without risk or prejudice, what would you choose to do or become, right now?

/go

I would like to teach motivated students physics and maths.

So unfortunately 'no' to high school teaching...

a barista - love making coffee. actually, anything in the coffee industry would be great. money is the big restriction here.
bicycle wheelsmith - love building wheels. again, money is the problem. could potentially pursue it as a hobby, but there are issues with liability on workmanship and that sort of thing that it's messy.

I regret not doing pursuing something creative that i was a bit more passionate about like film (behind the camera: screenwriting or directing), something music related, audio design, graphic design or writing when i was younger due to pressures from parents and peers to make something of myself and earn lots of money - at the risk of sounding conceited, I think i was actually convinced that doing something non-intellectual was a waste of my ability. now i have too many financial commitments and i've developed this impossible to shake addiction to money so i can't just drop everything and chase my dreams...

I'd join Starfleet Academy.

Serious.

Failing that, a toss up between

F1 driver
Astrophysicist (oh wait, I've done that :p)
Chocolatier/Pastry Chef (pseudo done that :cool:)
A job involving animals, preferably large cats around the world

or all four

or all five

Quite happy where I am at, but if I could turn back time knowing what I knew now.. I would have stuck out things as a kid that I was good at. Wish my folks forced me more.

Not sure what I would have chosen, but the things I had thought of pursuing over the years were;

- My folks tell me from a young age (5 & 6) I was fascinated with Dinosaurs so wanted to be an Archaeologist.
- AFL footballer when I was in my teens
- MMA/Kickboxer or apply for the SF (special forces) <-- colour blindness didn't help me with this one.
- Rally Driver.. oh wait.. that's just because I bought a rex and thought I'd be good at it.

My single biggest regret would not be picking up a musical instrument earlier. My dad has no vocal training whatsoever and has a pretty good voice for someone with no musical background. I am not too bad at punching out some Elvis/Dean Martin/Sinatra so may have passed on some of them vocal genes. I wished I had of picked up music real early, but I was too preoccupied and preferred contact sports and chasing women. So I can't recommend to anyone here who has not done yet to pick up an instrument and don't look back. Could be one of the biggest investments on your health & happiness.

Don't think I directly answered what I would be wish to be. Not too sure, maybe I am just content being Sam Minchia.

When I was a teenager, I wanted to be an actress. I already did theatre & sang in bands, I was scouted doing Shakespeare & offered a scholarship to NIDA at the age of 16, which my parents had to consent to, because they almost never took students under the age of 21. I workshopped with Russel Crowe :eek: he wasn't an oscar winner back then, but still has the best voice I've ever heard.

My mother was battling her first round of breast cancer & I was her only carer. My father thought 'acting' and 'performing' was stupid & told me to concentrate on a career that will 'mean something'. Both parents refused to sign the scholarship, so I didn't go :(

I didn't speak to my father, for two years after that. And I spent my graduating year of school nursing my mother through 3 rounds of chemotherapy & radiation treatment.

I still sang in a band, but gave up acting & theatre along lifes path. As soon as my mother was in remission, I bought a one way ticket out of the country & stayed away, until she needed me again 12 years later.

Life could have been very different for me.

But alas, we are meant to be where we end up I suppose. Unless we decide to make a change.

Now I've thrown away the 'meaningful career' to keep the hippie within sated with something far more therapeutic for the soul. Feels good :)

Someone else mentioned it but its be awesome being a stay at home dad! Regardless of what anyone says.

Dream job though? Helicopter pilot, one of the SES pilots, or a fireman :)