• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Homemade Ice Cream

Sydking

I think we all love a bit of ice cream here and there

I find the store bought stuff, As good and easy as it is. Just seems to be way to calorie dense for what it really is.

Would love to have a look at some recipes is anyone here dabbles with making it here?

Post up

Anything, nothign particualar, as im more then happy to try out many :)

Link to your blog would be great.

lol thanks lex!

If you have an ice cream machine, gives you more scope. I have one but never use it ... there's something about using a whisk that just gives me a buzz :p

An easy rich delicious type is the semifreddo variety. I have posted a few recipes on the site for that kind of ice cream ... it's easy to make and no churning required.

Will be posting more as the weather warms up!

Flavour combo requests shall be considered ... :)

lol thanks lex!

If you have an ice cream machine, gives you more scope. I have one but never use it ... there's something about using a whisk that just gives me a buzz :p

An easy rich delicious type is the semifreddo variety. I have posted a few recipes on the site for that kind of ice cream ... it's easy to make and no churning required.

Will be posting more as the weather warms up!

Flavour combo requests shall be considered ... :)

Thanks!!

for flavours- I will never forget getting a coffee one morning in avalon, And i noticed all the ice cream he was putting out, Rekons he made it all him self.

coudlent help myself buy to try a few- The watermelon.. I have never tasted anything as good since that. from flavour to texture.

So - Watermelon pleaseeeeeee

Peppermint Choc Chip.... P-leeeeeeeease!!!

oh YEAH!! a much maligned flavour that one!! Me like very much!
This one would be awesome as a semifreddo style (parfait) icecream ... oh with choc sauce :eek:

Cookie Dough flavour

Wingers, what's with the cookie dough obsession?? gah, must research this one ... :cool:

Best as a traditional icecream methinks...

EDIT: Found these for you, Wingers, doing my research
This one looks amazing and is double flavoured!
Double Cookie Dough Ice Cream | Annie's Eats

and a healthy version from a reliable source
Healthy Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Watermelon pleaseeeeeee

Sydking, watermelon I will do ... at great cost to myself ... because I can't eat watermelon :(

Was this a sorbet, gelato, or creamy icecream?

Noted and listed boys :)

Last edited:
Just send me the invoice, including postage in a box of dry ice and consider it a done deal, CCM.

Heaps of good ideas here :)

theworldaccordingtoeggface: Protein Ice Cream

For an incredibly easy version. Frozen bananas chopped 150g, 1 scoop of whatever protein powder, 1 cup crushed ice, 1/2 tsbpn xanthum gum. (maybe some additional liquid water,milk) Blend up and chuck in the freezer for 30mins.

(have added maple, peanut butter, peanut flour etc. and all taste great. Not 100% ice cream texture but satisfies for me. Can't be same texture with basically zero fat :p)

Alternatively, Peter's light n creamy is on sale for $4 next week at coles haha.

Last edited:
for Jay, yes, coconut milk is awesome in some icecreams!

For Chris, I guess it depends on what kind of macros you are looking for.
If you want high carb, low fat or higher fat, low carb etc ...that changes the equation.

I love that site, btw...lots of good ideas but she uses a lot of crap ingredients though...

I get really good texture using thick greek yoghurt (eg Chobani 0% or 2% plain).

I've even made a high protein Cho semifreddo style and it was lovely and creamy and had basically zero fat.

just haven't had time to take pics, post on blog, nada.

all in pipeline ....

you know me Viv. I'm always after the low fat option. So that I can add peanut butter to it :D

The PB they have at cosco, You must try if you havent already.

Best non natty one EVER, and i like my PB.

and they come in 1.5kg tubs- Which isent always a good thing haha

for Jay, yes, coconut milk is awesome in some icecreams!

I tried once before with coconut milk and it turned out exceptionally icy. Maybe my coconut milk sucked, but the taste was good.

I made it pretty much the exact same way as normal ice cream... is this a common issue, or did I fuck up? :p

The PB they have at cosco, You must try if you havent already.

Best non natty one EVER, and i like my PB.

and they come in 1.5kg tubs- Which isent always a good thing haha

No costco here :(

I don't think I can go non-natty anymore. I've had some occasionally and the texture is just too weird for me.

I tried once before with coconut milk and it turned out exceptionally icy. Maybe my coconut milk sucked, but the taste was good.

I made it pretty much the exact same way as normal ice cream... is this a common issue, or did I fuck up? :p

if you use fruit in ice creams, they will be icy, especially the more watery fruits. If your coconut milk is low fat, it will be more icy too.

Adding banana will make it creamier.

how did you make it with coconut milk? ie ingredients. I can then tell you how to tweak it.