• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flourless Almond Cake

kaz

iLift
I've been taking an interest in baking without sweetener and the use of all natural ingredients.
Recipe from a friend of mine. Serves 8.

1 1/4 Almond Meal
3 egg whites
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 tsp salt (or less)
Almond slivers or similar for topping

Preheat oven to 130°
Grease/line slice tray or loaf pan
Combine almond meal with honey until it has become a thick paste. Set aside.

Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff enough to hold peaks. . Gently fold the egg white into the almond honey mixture. Then transfer to prepared tin.
Sprinkle batter with sliced almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cake has turned golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks. Cut into bars or squares.

•Hint: Honey burns in most cake recipes, I use another layer of baking paper over the top of the pan to redirect direct heat. Loaf pan's may need to be slightly longer baked.

Looks like a lovely almond cake, Kaz.

But please know that honey is a sweetener...it's pure sugar and skewed towards fructose.
If you wish to keep it sweetener free but add sweetness, then use pureed fruit or stevia (it's just a herb).
At least with the fruit, you don't have sugar in a concentrated form.

I am legit frothing over that almond/coconut/choc chip creation we discussed last night

Like I can feel my saliva glands switch on just thinking about it