PDA

View Full Version : NYC bans soft drinks over 500ml

kaz
14-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Maybe something our government should look at here?
http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/blogs/lookout/nyc-soda-ban-bloomberg-163224412.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

DKD
14-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Those 600ml bottles they sell here are ridiculous. Way too much. 375ml can or 390ml bottle is plenty.

Admin
14-09-2012, 11:22 AM
the government already nannies us enough , that is the last thing they should be doing and that is banning drinks over X amount of mls

if anything the government should limit the usage of cars and make people get more active

speaking of which , i had a good laught at that , i came out of the gym the other day and saw the latest get fit and active promotion that the local council are doing , there was picture with stick people walking pushing a pram , riding a bike , only problem was the picture was on the side of a car , great promotion for getting fit and active

Bazza20
14-09-2012, 11:22 AM
So what's next after that ban any food high in calories.

Goosey
14-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Here is a couple more.

The penalty for jumping off a building is death

A person may not walk around on Sunday's with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket

Oh

Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00pm

Goosey
14-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Those 600ml bottles they sell here are ridiculous. Way too much. 375ml can or 390ml bottle is plenty.

I prefer those little 200ml glass bottles

kaz
14-09-2012, 11:30 AM
So what's next after that ban any food high in calories.

Not sure why they are worried about soft drink when they serve the largest meal portions on the planet over there.

Neddysmith
14-09-2012, 11:49 AM
the government already nannies us enough , that is the last thing they should be doing and that is banning drinks over X amount of mls

pretty much this,

I am sick and tired of getting told what i can and cannot do or eat or smoke or whatever, by these governments where are our freedoms going?

BUT, I do have a IF to my statement, that is IF you choose to drink heaps, smoke do whatever is not good for you, YOU pay for your health insurance or hospitalisation or whatever the consequences are, not the average joe tax payer.....

PowerBarbie
14-09-2012, 11:50 AM
speaking of which , i had a good laught at that , i came out of the gym the other day and saw the latest get fit and active promotion that the local council are doing , there was picture with stick people walking pushing a pram , riding a bike , only problem was the picture was on the side of a car , great promotion for getting fit and active

wouldn't that be the point? targeting people who DO use cars and drive, and thus most likely to see it.. pointing out there are better options? :p

Brick
14-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Man up DKD, why have a stubby when you can have a tallie.

jj80
14-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Should ban the purchasing of cartons here without a second person accompanying the buyer. :P

lex
14-09-2012, 12:26 PM

NT stubby ?

harry1970
14-09-2012, 12:39 PM
http://alburywebdesign.com/1.png
http://alburywebdesign.com/2.jpg
http://alburywebdesign.com/33.jpg
http://alburywebdesign.com/4.jpg

Shrek
14-09-2012, 12:47 PM
People will just buy 2 instead of 1.
Stupid idea.

Bella
14-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Banning things period is a dumb idea. They should focus on proper nutritional education & promotion of activity.

At the end of the day however, individuals make their own choices about what they decide to put into their mouths.

If we went down the road of banning all things that were supposedly 'bad' to comsume, there would be nothing left on the planet, other than lettuce, mung beans & bean sprouts.

They need to stop all the fad diet shit & scare mongering 'the soy craze', 'the gluten free craze', 'the carb free craze', the 'eggs are bad for you', 'too much meat is bad for you', 'protein will kill you', 'soy bread will give you bitch tits' & just fckn educate themselves on food, nutrition & their own bodies. Full stop.

If you know your shit & your body, nothing is truly 'bad' for you. Life, is just about balance.

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 01:25 PM
People will just buy 2 instead of 1.
Stupid idea.

At a higher profit margin for the coca-cola company...

CaT_SPeW
14-09-2012, 01:28 PM
They should look at banning the hot dog and pizza stands they have on every corner then too

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 01:29 PM
also puts a kibosh on buying a 1.5L bottle to share among a group having a picnic for example, or maybe a 2L bottle with a few pizza's among mates...

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 01:30 PM
they should take the damn HFCS out for a 30% drop in calories and better taste!

CaT_SPeW
14-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Fuck Americans are retarded sometimes

harry1970
14-09-2012, 01:35 PM

Americans love their HFCS, cheaper than sugar and gives your insulin levels a kick. If you think Aussie foods are full of crap (and they are) the American versions are much worse.

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Somehow though, i lost weight during a month in Texas :) ... although there are a heap more bad food options there, there are actually a lot of good ones (Salad bars, Baked potato bars...) as well...

Bazza20
14-09-2012, 02:01 PM

This is a myth.

HFCS can actually be sweeter than normal sugar for equivalent calories. So having HFCS in things can actually reduce the calories slightly.

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 02:16 PM
This is a myth.

HFCS can actually be sweeter than normal sugar for equivalent calories. So having HFCS in things can actually reduce the calories slightly.

I drink zero anyway, i'm gunning for a brain tumour instead :)

Bazza20
14-09-2012, 02:29 PM
I drink zero anyway, i'm gunning for a brain tumour instead :)

Pepsi max for me. Love that shit.

walt
14-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Im sure the soft drink companies don't mind
charge more for less actual ml

Bella
14-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Pepsi max for me too. But I don't drink it too often these days. But when I do....ohhhhhhhhhh I need to be alone for a while lol

Franco
14-09-2012, 03:22 PM
I reckon God probably gulps down Dr Pepper. Pepsi max and Coke zero also amazing.

Just ordered a 12 pack of diet Dr Pepper online, also gunning for a brain tumour with the amount of zero calorie drinks I consume...

Goosey
14-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Why do I like dr pepper so much!?

You can shove diet cokes up your arses.

Admin
14-09-2012, 03:27 PM
wouldn't that be the point? targeting people who DO use cars and drive, and thus most likely to see it.. pointing out there are better options? :p

to me it seems a lot like a personal trainer trying to tell you how to get fit , when they themselves are a fat prick

"Just do as i say not what i do "

Franco
14-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Why do I like dr pepper so much!?

Its a dangerous liquid, especially when woolies only has the full sugar versions stocked and it whispers your name as you pass.

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 03:43 PM
I reckon God probably gulps down Dr Pepper. Pepsi max and Coke zero also amazing.

Just ordered a 12 pack of diet Dr Pepper online, also gunning for a brain tumour with the amount of zero calorie drinks I consume...

oh .. where can i order diet dr pepper?

Franco
14-09-2012, 03:59 PM
oh .. where can i order diet dr pepper?

usafoods. Believe they are based in Melbourne. There is a Dr Pepper zero version around somewhere and also a 10 calorie Dr Pepper. They only had the diet version today though.

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Off there tomorrow :)

Bella
14-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Off there tomorrow :)

Oi NFT! Can you pick me up some cinnamon flavoured PB while you're there? jz says I have to try it because its better than sex. I see no point in arguing until I've eaten an entire container & can provide a full report :D

Mwahaha

NightFallTech
14-09-2012, 04:49 PM
What was that... Cinnamon flavored PB during sex? :)

Bella
14-09-2012, 04:56 PM
What was that... Cinnamon flavored PB during sex? :)

Mwahaha :eek:

pistachio
14-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Pepsi max for me. Love that shit.

Pepsi max for me too. But I don't drink it too often these days. But when I do....ohhhhhhhhhh I need to be alone for a while lol

Another fan of pepsi max here.

Don't have them that often, just when I want a bit of caffeine usually. Usually just 2-3 cans a week. Sometimes if I am doing a lot of exercise though and I get REALLY thirsty, a couple of cans of pepsi max can be amazing!

Pro tip: Take an ice cold can of pepsi max, take a tall tumbler glass and put in 5-6 large ice blocks. Pour the pepsi max out quickly, it will froth up immensely. Tastes like frozen coke. Fucking delicious. This is the only way I ever drink pepsi max.

DKD
14-09-2012, 06:29 PM

If you're talking beer, then you make a good point. I am partial to the odd long neck, but the bastards get warm quicker than stubbies.

When I was in the Land of the Long White Ladyboy recently, I was drinking large bottles of Singha beer just about daily. Fuarrrrrrrk take me back there. Please. Somebody!!

Fuck Americans are retarded sometimes

You're sounding more and more like Kyle Aaron with each passing day brah. And that's why we love you.