• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you donate your body to science?

kaz

iLift
Yep, if they can use any of me, absolutely. If I'm outta here, it would be nice to help someone with a kidney, or a new heart, or new eyes...whatever they need to improve their quality of life, or assist in saving them, when nothing can be done for me.

My mother died of breast cancer, but in the end was riddled with it head to toe, they couldn't use her organs at all, sadly. But she dearly would have liked them to have been able to help someone else.

you peeps are getting confused , I don't think kaz is talking about organ donor , but much rather your body being used as a class room project

Oh, then no. lol

I don't want med students clipping things onto me for fun, or sticking things in me, or throwing an arm at eachother for a laugh mwahaha

Omg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver

110% behind organ donation, but Medical science is when your body is used primarily for dissection. There ain't no funeral either.
Biggest benefit is when a person has died of a rare disease or certain cancers, and are used for finding cures or learning more about diseases.

Yes I would.

My old man is going to do the same (but a lot sooner - terminally ill prostrate cancer)

I think it depends on the circumstances.
If someone were to die from MS or something else unexplanitory, if it will help to find a cure then it may be the right thing to do.

Sure... Doesn't matter to me any more, they can do whatever they want with it, I'd volunteer it to be turned into plastic by that creepy german artist if it was an option :)

The bird im seeing atm has a degree in chemistry and uses my body for experiments all the time... And im not even dead yet hahahaha

The use of cadavers fir education purposes is an awsone teaching tool.

Every year the anatomy schools have a memorial for all the families of the donated bodies.

I am pretty sure uq has the ability to perform the plastinization process (ie Gunther) but on a smaller scale.

The uq anatomy museum and wet labs are unreal..