• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kaz

iLift
I love making cookies that use alternate ingredients, mostly from Almond Meal, Honey, Nuts, and anything else I have hanging around. Occasionally I like the naughty stuff so will post those here too :D

Choc Chip Cookies
150g Almond Meal
40g Macadamia Nut Oil (can buy at Woolies normal oil section)
40g (2 tbs) Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
50g 70-85% Dark Chocolate chopped
Almond Flakes for garnish

Method
Preheat oven to 130°C
Combine almond meal, oil, honey and vanilla in bowl
Add 1-2 tsp's of water to help form a dough
Add chocolate and mix with a wooden spoon.
Shape into 8 cookies with a spoon and place on a lined tray
Sprinkle almond flakes over the top
Bake for 30 mins or less for fan forced (until golden brown)
Cool before devouring.

Macros
106 calories per cookie
2.3g Protein
5g Carbs
9.8g Fats (mostly good fats)
1.4g Saturated fat

uploadfromtaptalk1347595029476.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1347595044250.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Almond Coconut Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch sea salt
2 tbs Coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
30ml Honey or Maple syrup
1 egg
1/2 cup Desicated Coconut

Method
Preheat oven to 130°
Mix all ingredients into a bowl and mix into a batter
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out batter onto a lined tray
I rolled mine in additional coconut before baking
Place in oven, cover with baking paper and check at 15 mins, then every 5 mins, these burn easy so a slow bake is needed.
Remove from oven when slightly brown.
If you prefer then flatter, bake for 5-7 mins first, then flatten with a spatula.

Macros
I made 10 cookies from this batch
93 calories
Fat 7g
Carbs 5g
Protein 2g
ehyda8e8.jpg

Last edited:
very nice, Kaz!! yummo.

kudos for using macadamia oil...really good for baking and very good for you too!

hey did you make the macarons?

very nice, Kaz!! yummo.

kudos for using macadamia oil...really good for baking and very good for you too!

hey did you make the macarons?

I discovered that Olive Oil isn't the only good oil :)
Not yet! Hopefully Sunday! A good post-ball hangover cure lol

Ahhh here they are. Nevermind my post in the off topic thread. lol

Yum. Will try......next week :(

Mwahaha

I am a total cooking fail.. Do you think coconut oil would work as a substitute for macadamia?.. And cocoa powder instead of the actual chocolate?

I love making cookies that are sin free so decided as I make them I will post recipes to share. Made these tonight.

I suspect it's not quite guilt free if you eat 20 ... which always tends to be my problem, but i think i might give them a try, they look to be within my limited culinary abilities!

I am a total cooking fail.. Do you think coconut oil would work as a substitute for macadamia?.. And cocoa powder instead of the actual chocolate?

It will work, it just alters the taste. Oil adds moisture to the cookie.
The 70-85% chocolate is made mostly from cocoa, I used Lindt chocolate due to very little sugar content.
:)

Haha it's ok, it's only because I was considering making them last night and that's all the stuff I had on hand :p .. Will source some dark chocolate today.. Probably will still use the coconut oil though.. Mmmm cookies..

Will be interesting to see how coconut oil tastes in them. I might make another batch with coconut oil, almond and some desiccated coconut. Good thinkin' PB!

Will be interesting to see how coconut oil tastes in them. I might make another batch with coconut oil, almond and some desiccated coconut. Good thinkin' PB!

coconut oil will be really good in these.

head to a health food or organic shop and you'll find it easy.
online too.

coconut oil will be really good in these.

head to a health food or organic shop and you'll find it easy.
online too.

I found coconut oil! In woollies Asian section :D
I also went to a continental fruit market and picked up 2kgs of Almond Meal for $18. Woolies/Coles charge $6.99 for 200g.:eek:
So going to concoct an almond/coconut sin free cookie. :cool:

Ummm.. My cookies don't seem to be hardening at all? :( haha.. In the oven for ages and still as soft and crumbly as when I made the batter, just hotter is all :(