• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Question about 1st cycle..

jsncrs

I originally planned on using Test E for my first cycle, however after spending the last few months doing a heap of research, I have a few questions..

It seems that Test compounds sound almost inferior to a lot of other Steroids, such as Tren, Deca, Equipoise or Masteron (depending on your goals obviously)

My goal is to gain mass, which I know Test compounds can do well. But at the same time, I want to develop solid, defined muscle, and ultimately achieve that ripped look - which I believe compounds like Masteron or Equipoise do better.

So, my question.. why is it that Test compounds (Test E for example) are the most widely used, and the most popular starting point for beginners? especially given the high risk of sides.

I originally planned on using Test E for my first cycle, however after spending the last few months doing a heap of research, I have a few questions..

It seems that Test compounds sound almost inferior to a lot of other Steroids, such as Tren, Deca, Equipoise or Masteron (depending on your goals obviously)

My goal is to gain mass, which I know Test compounds can do well. But at the same time, I want to develop solid, defined muscle, and ultimately achieve that ripped look - which I believe compounds like Masteron or Equipoise do better.

So, my question.. why is it that Test compounds (Test E for example) are the most widely used, and the most popular starting point for beginners? especially given the high risk of sides.

You get abs from diet.

IMO, you would be better off getting in to really good shape naturally before the cycle, then running:

Test E weeks 1 - 12 at 250mg twice a week
HCG weeks 1 - 12 250iu twice a week
Tamox/Nolva weeks 14 - 18 at 40/40/20/20

Mast E is something not to be taken lightly (either is Tren), but then again, no hormone is.

Last edited:
That's basically the cycle I had planned. I estimate my body-fat is around 10% at the moment. I've got local sources for everything apart from the HCG. I know posting sources isn't allowed, but have any Aussies had success importing HCG? I hear it usually gets stuck at customs.

That's basically the cycle I had planned. I estimate my body-fat is around 10% at the moment. I've got local sources for everything apart from the HCG. I know posting sources isn't allowed, but have any Aussies had success importing HCG? I hear it usually gets stuck at customs.

I wouldn't count on it.

I also wouldn't start without it.

Search high and low.

I wouldn't count on it.

I also wouldn't start without it.

Search high and low.

Quick question regarding HCG..
Been having a browse online at exactly what I need.
If I was to take 250IU twice a week, would 1 vial (10000IU) be enough for the 12 week cycle? is it as simple as dividing 10000 by 250? Maths has never been a strength of mine, tried working it out and ended up confusing myself!

yes, your calculations would give you the amount of shots you would get at 250iu.

so unfortunately you do need to get 10000iu, 5000iu will be just under.

Yes Test is inferior in many aspects when compared to other Steroids, although Test will always have its place as you will feel much more normal having Test running around your body even if your shut-down from other Steroids. Steroids, wether they be Test, Deca, EQ, Mast or any other steroids for that matter will all shut-down your natural supply of Testosterone and the only way to replace that is to take Synthetic Testosterone.

You get abs from diet.

IMO, you would be better off getting in to really good shape naturally before the cycle, then running:

Test E weeks 1 - 12 at 250mg twice a week
HCG weeks 1 - 12 250iu twice a week
Tamox/Nolva weeks 14 - 18 at 40/40/20/20

Mast E is something not to be taken lightly (either is Tren), but then again, no hormone is.

I thought we got abs when we were born?

Yes Test is inferior in many aspects when compared to other Steroids, although Test will always have its place as you will feel much more normal having Test running around your body even if your shut-down from other Steroids. Steroids, wether they be Test, Deca, EQ, Mast or any other steroids for that matter will all shut-down your natural supply of Testosterone and the only way to replace that is to take Synthetic Testosterone.

Ah that makes sense. Cheers.

I've got local sources for everything apart from the HCG. I know posting sources isn't allowed, but have any Aussies had success importing HCG? I hear it usually gets stuck at customs.

I wouldn't risk importing anything mate;)

Curiosity, how long you been training for? Stats?

I'm 24. Been training seriously for roughly 2.5 years, lifted casually prior to this since I was about 16. Height is 165cm, weight is about 70kg.. haven't weighed myself for a week or so. As stated above, I estimate my body-fat is around 10%.

Bench: 90kg (1RM - bench needs some work)
Deadlift: 150kg
Squat: 70kg (used to be higher, dropped due to a recent injury)

Not planning on doing a cycle just yet. Just making sure to do the research and know as much as I possibly can before I head down that path.

I'm 24. Been training seriously for roughly 2.5 years, lifted casually prior to this since I was about 16. Height is 165cm, weight is about 70kg.. haven't weighed myself for a week or so. As stated above, I estimate my body-fat is around 10%.

Not planning on doing a cycle just yet. Just making sure to do the research and know as much as I possibly can before I head down that path.
Was those 2.5 years lifting at maintence cals, or have you been bulking/cutting through out.. looking at those stats at 10%bf (depending on body comp) you should look pretty ripped, each to there own though.

Yeah fair enough. When it "crossed" my mind (21/22) I was sitting around 83-84kg. I'm 5'10. I really think you peak from 25 onwards. I sit at 95kg comfortably now naturally (27 yrs of age). It's a bit heavy for my height (90kg @ 10% I look solid) but I'll continue natural for now.

Expensive habit, so i'd probably really give yourself as much time as possible to get to your genetic limits. At 165, if you got yourself to 85kg @ 10% you'd look juicy. It's really not a far cry for you!

Was those 2.5 years lifting at maintence cals, or have you been bulking/cutting through out.. looking at those stats at 10%bf (depending on body comp) you should look pretty ripped, each to there own though.

I've bulked for the majority of those 2.5 years, but I struggled with my diet to begin with. Currently on a cut at the moment. I weighed 55kg's when I started lifting full time and I've always found it extremely hard to gain weight. Again, the 10% is just a rough estimate.. I think to the average person I'd looked fairly ripped - visible 6 pack, etc. Just not as ripped as I'd like!