• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reandron and other test

tom paris

Hi
Just had bloods done and my test was at 14 nmol/L
18 months ago it was 17 nmol/L.
So yesterday doc gave me reandron 1000mg with a booster dose in 6 weeks time then every 3 months.
Is this going to be enough to make any gains ?
What would happen if I added in sustanon and if so how often
Also I know I can get test cream without script, what effect would this have if I used both the cream and the reandron
My diet is good, sticking to high protein diet
Lost approx 10% BF since January on the diet and excerise
Still approx 17% though

Hi
Just had bloods done and my test was at 14 nmol/L
18 months ago it was 17 nmol/L.
So yesterday doc gave me reandron 1000mg with a booster dose in 6 weeks time then every 3 months.
Is this going to be enough to make any gains ?
What would happen if I added in sustanon and if so how often
Also I know I can get test cream without script, what effect would this have if I used both the cream and the reandron
My diet is good, sticking to high protein diet
Lost approx 10% BF since January on the diet and excerise
Still approx 17% though

Hey, so your getting 1g reandron every 6 weeks are you? If this is the case then you won't make gains off this mate, cause its just a TRT dose. You could add sustanon or any other testosterone for that matter and turn it into a cycle. You sound like you need to research into steroid use in sports a bit more cause your asking how often to have the sustanon etc. Usually for a first cycle most people use 400mg to 500mg pw of Test E, Test C or Sus250. If using Prop they'd usually do 100mg eod.

I'm not sure about creams man, sounds dodgy to me.........

I'm currently on reandron1000 as trt as well and the way it's prescribed you won't be able to use it for a cycle, unless you stockpiled it but it is so long acting that would be pointless lol. You could add sus or more test to it but the next time you have bloods done for a script your test will be well above normal and you won't be given a prescription from the doc

I don't understand what the criteria are for prescribing TRT these days. Is it prescribed because the candidate feels bad or is simply done on the basis of serum testosterone levels?

I had a checkup late last year for the usual stuff at my age and my testosterone reading was 9. That would probably be considered to be quite low even for a 41 year old. Probably accounts for the feelings of lethargy and moodiness, but functionally my strength is reasonable, have fathered three kids and I still get wood.

I'm not interested in using it at this stage in my life as it would make me ineligible for competition and I would worry about the adverse health effects given the family predisposition to certain male issues. I do know a number of guys in their 50s who use it as some kind of elixir of youth. They lift girlie little weights though and their hair pieces don't look great.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in using it at this stage in my life as it would make me ineligible for competition and I would worry about the adverse health effects given the family predisposition to certain male issues. I do know a number of guys in their 50s who use it as some kind of elixir of youth. They lift girlie little weights though and their hair pieces don't look great.

It would not make you ineligible for competition, provided it was only legit trt. Don't get me wrong I respect your attitude 100% but you can compete in tested sports if you are under dr supervised trt. In theory you should always stay in the normal rang just at the higher end of the spectrum
ALOT of athletes are trt some of them probably have loose drs and don't really need it but it is one of those grey areas of medicine.

It would not make you ineligible for competition, provided it was only legit trt. Don't get me wrong I respect your attitude 100% but you can compete in tested sports if you are under dr supervised trt. In theory you should always stay in the normal rang just at the higher end of the spectrum
ALOT of athletes are trt some of them probably have loose drs and don't really need it but it is one of those grey areas of medicine.

Does PA and ASADA allow it?

Does PA and ASADA allow it?

They can't deny you therapeutic hormone replacement if your eligible. Therapeutic and abuse are two very different things. There are some more knowledgable members on the board that would be able to tell you the ins and outs but it has been brought up befote and the outcome was that legit trt is all good in asada tested sports.

TUE exemptions

I made an enquiry with ASADA today on this matter. They stated that TUE (therapeutic use exemption) had been granted for hormone replacement therapy in the past. The advice was to seek advice and documentary support from a medical practitioner (such as an endocrinologist) and to file a TUE application BEFORE you use anything.

It's made me think. I have heard of some masters lifters and others being prescribed Testosterone Replacement for genuine reasons. I'm not that keen on the idea of TRT, but my testosterone levels when tested last year were well below the normal range for my age (a reading of 9).

Although my training gains are still okay, I have some issues going into any contest where another competitor has had their testosterone levels artificially augmented. I have no problem competing against someone who has naturally higher test levels than mine and having them wipe the floor with me, but if I'm at 9 and someone else has artificially boosted theirs to 15, then it's certainly not a level playing field and not a natural outcome.