• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice on gyms in Sydney/Aus and Supplements

hagen86

Hey guys!

So im travelling down to Sydney tomorrow to stay there for about 10 months and im a fitness junky so i kind of need to get a good layout before i go so i wont loose all my gains:p

Been trying to google a bit on this subject but the info is either to overwhelming or its just outdated.

What im looking for is in the start a Gym in Sydney since thats where im starting and would like it to not be super expensive and it dosnt have to be fancy as hell either aslong as it got the basics.. if there are good chain gyms thats located around the country that would be ideal!

And regarding supplements.. i have read abit about supplements beeing expensive in Australia so got any tips on good internett pages to order from? Or maybe a good store in Sydney ? I asume bodybuilding.com is off the table?

Sorry for my broken english.. and thanks for any advice! Maybe not the normal of topics..

oh and im a 25 year old Norwegian!

Staying at a hostel by Sydney Central to start. Will probably relocate abit though if i find something good :)

gyms nearby where you are staying

UTS Uni gym UTS Fitness Centre - UTS Fitness home
on Harris St opposite the ABC building
$11 for a casual visit
annoyances no chalk allowed and no bare feet.

Fitness First - few around the city

Anytime Fitness
Glebe up on Glebe point road near Broadway shopping center

Anytime fitness at Surry Hills - will be closest one to where you are staying
Anytime Fitness Gyms Surry Hills, NSW Fitness Centers Surry Hills

Anytime at Wynyard
Anytime Fitness Gyms Sydney, NSW Fitness Centers Sydney

There's also the Ian Thorpe swim center further down Harris St towards the Power House Museum
which also has a gym
http://www.ymcasydney.org/centre/itac/

I train at the UTS gym on mondays and fridays.

Can order from bodybuilding.com but not everything will get through customs and can take up to six weeks.
Bulk Nutrients - Your One Stop Supplement Shop or one of the others

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! Checking them out right now.. might be a bit expensive but perhaps im just spoiled :)