• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice on Test Prop Cycle

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I just had a few questions as I am considering starting my first cycle after a fair bit of research into it but I had a few questions before I actually commit to anything.

Basically I am a 25 yr old male who has been working out for approximately 5 years off and on but the last 2 years I have been reasonably serious. I am around 10% body fat at the moment and stand about 6 foot and weight mid to high 80's.

I am considering starting a test prop cycle as I have recently been struggling with my gains and I have had blood tests that show a lower then average free testosterone level.

I haven't used anything before other then over the counter supplements so I am new to this whole thing although I have been researching appropriate dosages ect before committing but I have a few questions I haven't been able to find.

1) When on a test p cycle, I know you are meant to take anti-estrogen gear to stop excess estrogen but can you buy this legally from a chemist or get a prescription from a doctor legally or does it have to be black market?

2) What is everyones thoughts on using clenbuterol whilst on a test p cycle? I understand it might inhibit some gains but I would like to keep by bf% resonably low during the cycle.

3) Relating to question 2, does test p decrease or increase bf% or does it not have any real effect? If the effects are minimal I would not bother with clen.

4) Anymore advice regarding someones first cycle would be awesome too.

Cheers guys

Hey bro, after reading ur questions and due to the fact that ur struggeling with gains it sounds to me like u need to look into ur nutrition. If i were u i would spend the next couple years reserching nutrition and learning its effects on ur body. Learn ur maintanance, learn how many cals over maintanance u need to grow without gaining fat, learn how many cals under u need to loose fat and min muscle loss when in deficate, eat and watch and listen ur body... Gaining weight is reflective of what u eat not ur test levels. I know too many guys who hav dun cycles and gained 10kg and 6 weeks after pct there bak to where they started. Is that what ur looking for? Cos thats the result u might get if ur nutrition isnt in check. And prop for a first cycle is stupid imo, u wanna pin urself ed or eod for 12 weeks? I hope u got a lot of muscle to soak up that oil! I kno it may seem like i didnt answer ur questions but in a round about way i really have. If u end up jumpin on tho all the best bro!

chasingthewinter, I'm in a fairly similar boat to you diet/training wise, and i had been looking at a lot of this stuff in past weeks. from what i gather, the best way to start off is with a test e cycle, running about 500mg/week for around 12 weeks. i suppose you could run you test p and pin EOD, but you would want to become familiar with a lot of injection sites to avoid the weird bubbly things under your skin i've read about. ideally, you should run some hcg along with it and continuing for 2 weeks after to help prevent atrophy (the two weeks being the halflife of test e) and adex to avoid aromatisation, then start with your pct.
clomid and nolva are generally used for female infertility and the prevention of growth of breast cancer cells, so i don't see you getting the legit (though i could be wrong).
as test is quite androgenic, it can have a fairly significant effect on estrogen levels and water retention. the adex will help with this. running clen for maybe the last 4-6 weeks of the cycle could help with bf, but it's pretty harsh on your liver so i really only would take it for the short end. i'm not sure how well a good diuretic, or even some dandelion root tea, after your cycle has finished would go, but it might be worth a look?
i definitely agree with gruf though, nutrition is a MUST! getting it right is the most important thing to continue to improve your physique. get it super tight and have your training awesome, otherwise you'll never get the best results from your gear. it'll also give you time to keep doing some research. i wouldn't start pinning anything until i was 110% certain of exactly what to expect along the whole journey.

as for any other advise, i guess it depends on what your goal is at the end of the day. if you want to be a mountain of muscle, tipping the scales at a lean +120kg, then some people would say to make your first cycle count as this is when your body is most receptive. maybe up the amount of test a bit and add in some tren at 50% the amount of the test and see some crazy gains. some hgh peptides might be a good addition if you have some cash to splash, but i don't really know much about them at this point in time. the only thing there is, you never know just how well your body is going to react to anything, so a lot of people will tell you to just run a straight test cycle first. there are LOTS of sources around for good information, so use them.

hope some of that was helpful.