• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What supplement to use?

K

kudos

Hi all,

I'm lifting weights three times a week, with 2-3 cardio sessions a week mixed in there as well. Basically I'm looking for a supplement shake to get into me after a weights workout, to help stimulate the muscle growth. Looking for opinions on what to get.

Cheers

To promote muscle growth, training is the most important thing. Diet is secondary to compliment your growth. Sort out your basic diet first,eat meat and plenty of leafy green vegetables everyday, then you can think about supplementation.

Most people on a budget rank whey protein as the most important supp. Creatine, although useful you can get from eating red meat. It increases pumps and lets you get a few extra reps out during a set (it supplements your muscles anaerobic energy system)

Most protein powders have 22 - 23g per 30g serve. If you are worried about your amino acids, eat more meats, fruits and vegies.

most supplements are shit, try not to buy into the hype. Notice the "scientific experiments" behind supplements are usually done by the company that sells the product.

Whey protein is just a milk protein left over from the cheese manafacturing process. While I would recomend actual food instead of an expensive powder, if you insist on using one why not make your own for a lot cheaper?
All you need is skim milk powder, sugar, and/or flavouring (milo/sustagen etc).

Creatine has been shown to be effective for muscle development. There arent too many supplements conclusively proven to work, so be very careful of who you listen to and what you buy, because in the end its your money and your body.

While I would recomend actual food instead of an expensive powder, if you insist on using one why not make your own for a lot cheaper?
All you need is skim milk powder, sugar, and/or flavouring (milo/sustagen etc).
Kyle, is this you? :D:D:D

Whey protein is the cheapest source of protein 'pound for pound' - you can often buy in bulk for around $0.60-0.70 per serving.

As others said, get your diet, right with lots of whole foods, meats, carbs and good fats. Also workout your required calories per day.