• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DISCUSSION: Should dole participants be drug tested?

Do you think there should be drug testing for those on the dole.

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The government should focus on more productive things...

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

kaz

iLift
Drug tests for dole recipients

Hot topic in the news at the moment.

Will drug tests be any benefit for those on the dole?
Test positive and lose your benefits. Is this opening another portal to crime?
Should the government just leave them alone, they have it hard enough as it is....?

Ever been on the dole? Was it as tough as they say?

Last edited:
Id rather the dole didnt exist at all.

They should definitely be tested though. Getting stoned all day is what is preventing them from gaining employment.

It doesn't matter what the government does, they will work a way around it and find a way to screw the system. Life long losers know every possible way to keep their free money coming in.
A better way would be to sterilize them to stop them breeding.

Did you see my FB Karen?

Yes, they should be tested. Should be "random" testing of 1-2% every week.

Caught once, get a warning and info about rehab groups.

Caught twice in 12 months, a fine and made to go to a rehab group

Caught 3 times in 12 months, dole cut, given some sort of voucher system instead.

Did you see my FB Karen?
I just look at the pictures....

They should definately be tested and given warnings, agreed with the methods there Sticky.
Coming off a drug habit would be a hard thing.

Last edited:
Did you see my FB Karen?

Caught 3 times in 12 months, dole cut, given some sort of voucher system instead.

I like this idea.

Yes and dole should be time limited six months to a year .

Not give them cash at all but provide food and services by cards that can only be used by that one person.

Did you see my FB Karen?

Seems fair to me, but i also think there should some sort of work for the dole as well, something like making them help the farmers out fruit picking during the appropriate seasons, make them join the CFA and attent training sessions in case of fires or floods, join the SES for much the same reasons.

Yes you dont want some of these volunteer services become a umping ground for these people so there would have to be appropriate screening , but it could actually help some out and provide some sort of training to them as well as doing a community service.

Yes and dole should be time limited six months to a year .

Not give them cash at all but provide food and services by cards that can only be used by that one person.

As pointed out, that could have a negative effect on local economy.
Food stamps would get spent at big participating stores, which means corner stores ect miss out.

Can't limit the dole either. If a single mother has a child, goes on some parenting benefit, gets depressed, while caring for 2 children..... You can't cut her benefits and tell her to get to work after 6 months.

If people need help, they need help.

Who are the governement to tell anyone what to do with their money.

Yes dole bludgers are gonna blow their dough on piss/ciggies/drugs/punting it's what losers do, but we are not in communist Russia. This is a free and liberal society people have the right to fuck their lives if they so choose to.

The government rapes us for taxes and wastes alot more on alot worse shit then the dole. This is just a smokerscreen to take away from bigger issues like corporate/government collusion etc.

That would be a parenting benefit not the dole and how many single mothers just get the plain basic dole ?

I thought there was other benefits that kicked in for people with kids ?

The food card thing I thought was already being used in some cases (last chance sort of thing).

I voted no... Bastards will start knocking our shit off...

Remove the dole and crime will go up if you ask me...

They still got to eat... And this will drive many into your lounge rooms at home late at night...

Don't get me wrong... I dislike the idea that this money is going to drug users...

Just need to be aware that there could be consequences from removing it...

Working in a supermarket, we caught a girl who stole shit everyday for her habit. When the Police asked her why she keeps stealing from the supermarket she replied "So I don't snatch bags off Grannies"

If they take the dole off the druggos, like Nazzy said, there will be an increase in Petty crimes.

Don't provide the money for 'free', have a 40 hour a week work skills program, this keeps people in the mindset to work, provides experience and community labour. (Cleaning at homeless shelters, working in op shops, removing gorse, clearing hiking trails, Tree planting in bushfire areas), there are plenty of things in society that could benefit from a little cheap labour. (and if people don't like it, they get a 'real job' )

Working in a supermarket, we caught a girl who stole shit everyday for her habit. When the Police asked her why she keeps stealing from the supermarket she replied "So I don't snatch bags off Grannies"

If they take the dole off the druggos, like Nazzy said, there will be an increase in Petty crimes.

Legalise the drugs so they are cheap and a lot of the crime will go away....
Penalise anti-social behaviour instead.

So you don't get in trouble for the bag of meth, but if you vandalise something because you're high... they throw the book at you.

It's sad that robbery could be a more logical solution than simply getting a job to some, but I agree... take away the free income and other things will pick up the slack

It's sad that robbery could be a more logical solution than simply getting a job to some, but I agree... take away the free income and other things will pick up the slack

Because people grow up in environments where they believe this to be right. Step1, once somebody has been deemed to be 'unsuitable for society', remove their current and any future children to a better environment.

It's not their money.
It's our money, that we are giving to them to help them out of trouble, not to spend on speed.

I bloody agree with this. I loathe scum, absolutely loathe them. They drift their lives away and that's their fukin choice but they have children, not one or two, usually more than five, just so they can claim more money to suck piss, gamble or shoot up their arms. The question begs: Do they use the money to support their children?
Absolutely not!!! they piss it in to the wind and the poor kids end up with nothing, go to school with no food, old clothes and get treated like shit.
The problem then is, the children don't know any better, this is all they have seen in life and grown up with and don't aspire to be anything but scum.
If they are claiming money for free make them fukin work for it just like the rest of us, put em on a chain gang, fixing roads, cleaning shopping centres, weeding, fukin whatever, just something other than watching Foxtel and hanging around at the shops.