• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tens Machines

kaz

iLift
Tried out a Tens Machine today which I borrowed off a co-worker. Used it on my traps and shoulders in niggling area's since I'm a skeptic with all unfamiliar things.
Omg the pulse of these little things is huge!!

Anyone tried these before and are they worth the upward of $100 purchase price? Or are they an expensive item for little health benefit?

Tried out a Tens Machine today which I borrowed off a co-worker. Used it on my traps and shoulders in niggling area's since I'm a skeptic with all unfamiliar things.
Omg the pulse of these little things is huge!!

Anyone tried these before and are they worth the upward of $100 purchase price? Or are they an expensive item for little health benefit?

Handy when giving birth... My wife had one on and it took the edge off her contractions.

Electrical pulses Decrease pain transmission and I think increase the production of endorphin I think.

It used to bug me when I went to the Physio and he would strap one to my hamstring anD disappear for half an hour and then charge me $80!

When applied, you can definitely feel the muscle twitching. I am not sure that it helps with recovery but it will def help with he aches and pains.

I had the machine on my traps set at 2 and I could feel twitching!
Yeah physio's cost a bomb!

Have one. Got it years ago for helping with rehab after bike accident.
Works nicely on muscle soreness as well.
They do chew through batteries quick quickly if you use them more than a couple of times a day. A lot use 9V batteries.

Get the stick on electrodes from one of the cheaper chemists not the ones the companies or some physios try to sell you.

Problem for me is stick on electrodes don't mix well with hair.

Remind me via pm over the weekend and I'll dig it out and take a few pics

Finally bought one! An Omron brand on special. The instructions say not to use it near the heart do us it safe for shoulder blades and traps etc?

Terrible! :D
ebe8yve7.jpg

Kunce [emoji11]