• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sharp headache pain when working out help?

lonesoldier

1 weeks ago when i was doing box jump to failure, near the end i started to get a sharp throbbing migrain near the end of my set, I sat down and it went away after 2 minutes.......... so i did another set and it came on again straight away> so i thought fuck this and stopped. The next week i started to get them again, only this time doing dumbell squats. Its been happening all this week with a variation of different exercises, i dont know what the fuck is causing it.

Pain is more in left side of head, sort of a throbbing pain.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?.

dim gives me migraines that sound exactly like what you are describing. Are you taking PWO supp?

1 weeks ago when i was doing box jump to failure, near the end i started to get a sharp throbbing migrain near the end of my set, I sat down and it went away after 2 minutes.......... so i did another set and it came on again straight away> so i thought fuck this and stopped. The next week i started to get them again, only this time doing dumbell squats. Its been happening all this week with a variation of different exercises, i dont know what the fuck is causing it.

Pain is more in left side of head, sort of a throbbing pain.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?.

Could be lots of things but I would say that you have thrown out your neck or spine a little and the blood flow has been contricted due to inflammation and when you exercise the constriction gets worse and you get a throbbing headache. I would go see a physio or chiro just to make sure nothing is too out of whack. Once the inflammation comes down the pain will go - make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

I have had this a few times and had it bad just over a month ago while doing bench. Neck felt all weird for a while afterwards until I did some stretches, since then I have been doing them most days and all has been good. Google neck stretches and try some out, worth a shot.

Could be lots of things but I would say that you have thrown out your neck or spine a little and the blood flow has been contricted due to inflammation and when you exercise the constriction gets worse and you get a throbbing headache. I would go see a physio or chiro just to make sure nothing is too out of whack. Once the inflammation comes down the pain will go - make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

Thanks Sumo. I've had a dicky neck at times over the cause of my life and sometimes had similair pain. Thinks you may be right on the money. Cheers.

From what I've read Dim effects/causes headaches in the right side of the brain.

In my research (or that may be abuse) I found dim gives fucking crippling migraines especially when used for a couple days in a row especially when doing anything strenuous.

If it weren't for the headaches I would rate it as good as plain ld amphet without the delusions of grandeur.

Op I reckon sumo is right on about inflamation in the neck. Try some massage and heat. Worked for me when I fucked my neck a couple weeks ago.

In my research (or that may be abuse) I found dim gives fucking crippling migraines especially when used for a couple days in a row especially when doing anything strenuous.

If it weren't for the headaches I would rate it as good as plain ld amphet without the delusions of grandeur.

Op I reckon sumo is right on about inflamation in the neck. Try some massage and heat. Worked for me when I fucked my neck a couple weeks ago.

Yep, when I experimented with pure Dim as opposed to PWO formulas I also found headachy experiences when used on consecutive days. USP Labs, the maker of Jack3d and a supplier of pure Dim, recommends use on non consecutive days.

Yep, when I experimented with pure Dim as opposed to PWO formulas I also found headachy experiences when used on consecutive days. USP Labs, the maker of Jack3d and a supplier of pure Dim, recommends use on non consecutive days.

Wonder if that migraine would turn into a full blown stroke like has been reported. Spose like anything a high enough dose will kill ya.

Thanx mate, do you reccomend ibuproren?

I have had this a few times and had it bad just over a month ago while doing bench. Neck felt all weird for a while afterwards until I did some stretches, since then I have been doing them most days and all has been good. Google neck stretches and try some out, worth a shot.

Ok cool thanx champ, Any name of neck stretches u reccomend?

Wonder if that migraine would turn into a full blown stroke like has been reported. Spose like anything a high enough dose will kill ya.

thats why I wondered whether that case of the guy having the haemorage on Dim was caused by the high blood pressure effects of Dim, not toxicity like reported. The headaches on Dim, I've wondered if weren't caused by high blood pressure caused by Dim.
Anyways we're getting off thread, GROAR sees everything so I learnt today, we may not see him, but he's there!:confused:

I would see a physio or chiro first and go from there just in case there is an uderlying issue there - better safe than sorry

It has happened before, years ago when i use to do boxing, during skipping when i trained to exhaustin these kind of headaches came in.

It came on doing box jumps when i was near the point of exhaustin, for some reason high intensity cardio type training triggures it> but it has now carried onto normal weight training when going to failure.

I have this self help book on trigger point therapy and it says alot of the time headaches can be causes by trigger points in the neck. It could be as simple as getting your neck massage to help loosen everything. Im no expert on anything like this, I just thought I would share.

I had this on going upper back problem which I spent alot of money on going to the physio which never really helped but a $13 book and a massage ball has pretty much gotten rid of most of the pain.