• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much water and air does the Earth really have?

Jesus. Thats a bit scary!

Time to catch rainwater! How do we conserve air? We can't plant more trees & have that counterbalance the damage thats already been done with any sort of immediacy?

Bloody terrifying really.

I should neg you for putting me in an even more depressive shitty state of mind lol

Jesus. Thats a bit scary!

Time to catch rainwater! How do we conserve air? We can't plant more trees & have that counterbalance the damage thats already been done with any sort of immediacy?

Bloody terrifying really.

I should neg you for putting me in an even more depressive shitty state of mind lol
Planting a lot more trees would certainly help

Sorry to ruin your day :)

2/3 of the surface of the Earth is covered in water. I'm calling bullshit on this wherever it came from.

2/3 of the surface of the Earth is covered in water. I'm calling bullshit on this wherever it came from.
bull, yes that may be so however, the Earth's radius is over 6000km while the oceans are only 7km at their deepest spot, not very deep at all in comparison.
If you were to immerse a bowling ball (representing the Earth) in a bucket of water and then take it out, the film of water left on the surface of the bowling ball would be the depth of the oceans on the Earth, not much at all.
So that that simulation is very believable.

I reckon the "air" bit is BS too. Perhaps it is trying to show Oxygen only (say 20% of "air"), AND at what level of pressure ? Air can get real small when you compress it, so really you could make that "ball of air" any size you want !

Still it shows a point.

I reckon the "air" bit is BS too. Perhaps it is trying to show Oxygen only (say 20% of "air"), AND at what level of pressure ? Air can get real small when you compress it, so really you could make that "ball of air" any size you want !

Still it shows a point.
You guys, really.
Compress air enough and you'll have a liquid, the simulation is not talking about liquid oxygen.

You under estimate the size and volume of the Earth here.

Ok I just did the calculations based on some pretty rough measurements off my screen. The volume of the Earth is about 1000 times the volume of the water going from that picture. That doesn't seem so unreasonable. I think, as you said that it indicates how big the planet is rather than how scarce the water is. Looks like my bullshit call was perhaps a little bit not quite correct. ;) Couldn't think of anymore weasel words or I would have put them in.

Less than 3% of the Earth's water is fresh at any point in time and most of that is ice so we really haven't scratched the surface of the available water. We are currently getting along ok with access to only 0.00009 of that little bubble in your picture.