• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opening Up a small gym/studio - What are things to consider???

RLV

Hey folks, Im a trainer looking to open a small garage/warehouse type gym in my area (withing the next 4-6 months...I hope!) & would like input on things to consider.
Mainly considerations when selecting a venue (not so much on pricing as Im looking for a cheap place - which would mean smaller space) but what to look out for & what you need to do when dealing with council for approvals etc.
Any feedback from the biz operators & others will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

RLV

Hey RLV,

Which area of NSW?
What price range are you thinking for rent?
What's your background and training history? Do you have a big client base already that you can bring over when you start up?
What type of training are you offering, and for what demographic?

Hey mate,
mainly strength & conditioning. Client base very small at the moment. Training friends & getting referrals through them. Whilst Im training at a park in the city, im looking to base myself up in the normanhurst/Hornsby area closer to where I live.
Ive been in & out of training people for the last 2 years, so still relatively new & still learning...but slowly moving over to this as a career over time.
With that said Ive coached & managed rugby teams over the years (in NZ) but not as a strength coach. So looking to train anyone looking to improve performance in sport or those who just wants to get stronger & faster.
Looking to tap into high schools & clubs...& right now with next to no paying clients, I would only be looking at a small place...but that is a plan over the next 6-12 months. Over the next 6 months if I can get a decent client base, will see what kind of space I would look at.
Are you running a facility at the moment?