• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who thinks drug testing has made sport fair?

Well athletes are always going to be looking for that competitive edge no matter, so maybe they should just allow them all to use drugs:cool:

Drugs do equalise a lot of the 'genetic gifts' people have, so in a way they make it more fair...

Well said, just to play devils advocate though, if you made AAS/HGH legal in sport, would sports not just then be a race to the bottom?

See who is prepared to take the most gear, trashing their kidneys & long term health and shortening their life spans for the most short term gain?

Not really. What about those people who due to genetics respond better to drugs.

Yeah true, some people have better receptors etc etc

Well said, just to play devils advocate though, if you made AAS/HGH legal in sport, would sports not just then be a race to the bottom?

See who is prepared to take the most gear, trashing their kidneys & long term health and shortening their life spans for the most short term gain?

Can imagine that aye, guys just dropping dead on stage lol!

Fuck that is some funny shit lol!

Drugs do equalise a lot of the 'genetic gifts' people have, so in a way they make it more fair...

so do we say " you can use drugs as you don't have as much genetic gift as him , or is it a sliding scale , ok you are as fast as this bloke so you can use y amount , and this bloke is the slowest of the bunch so you can us x amount

so do we say " you can use drugs as you don't have as much genetic gift as him , or is it a sliding scale , ok you are as fast as this bloke so you can use y amount , and this bloke is the slowest of the bunch so you can us x amount

And do we say dont use unless you're an athlete and then have to decide who is and who isnt one?

No amount of drugs can give you Usain Bolts natural stride length and frequency.

lol "natural stride length and frequency" lol!

yeah it starts to get way to confusing.........easier to just keep everything banned.

And do we say dont use unless you're an athlete and then have to decide who is and who isnt one?

yeah like some dude from "the biggest loser" tv show says "hey i want to compete in the 100metre olympic sprint, so what drugs can i get please?".

What is sad for the supposed non user is when they come second, later to discover the person that had come first had been tested and disqualified the handed the gold.

This person had trained for years, they did receive the gold but part of the experience is standing on the box in front of the 80,000 people in the stadium and possibly the world and national anthem playing holding that gold.

The Olympics needs to be non sponsored and every competitor wears and uses the same equipment and no drugs.

Sounds cool but I reckon that is impossible.

Just make it legal i suppose and watch these idiots kill each other.

I really have no idea.

I mean what's disgusting is seeing those badminton players tanking.

It's all gone to hell in a handbasket, I just watched the one event and that was the 100mtr, and I really then, wasn't that inspired because back in my mind I'm thinking who's on what?

What I think is even more pathetic, is the people who take illegal performance enhancing drugs while competing in a drug free competition. They win gold in their event and then having the nerve to accept all the accolades of their achievements, knowing full well they have cheated.

I have no idea how these people sleep straight at night knowing full well the cheated. I just love it when these scumbags are ratted out years later and stripped of their achievements. I certainly hope they feel nothing but extreme humiliation and self loathing with the knowledge everyone know knows their dirty little secret, and they had the hide to bask in all the success and glory they did not deserve.

As Goosey said, I really feel for the athletes awarded medals many years post race. A bitter sweet victory indeed and that euphoric feeling of standing in front of thousands cheering you on will never be experienced.

I believe they should have a zero tolerance policy and massive fines for drug cheats. No exceptions.

if everyones on drugs they will all be in the exact same boat, those with better genetics and who train harder will win. simple as that. so letting them all take it to mae it even wont make it even, it will be the same as if everyone is clean. but they will all have better times n shit.

The technology needs to get better so they can literally do a mouth swab and get a result in 60 seconds from a machine.

;)

.... 2099

if everyones on drugs they will all be in the exact same boat, those with better genetics and who train harder will win. simple as that. so letting them all take it to mae it even wont make it even, it will be the same as if everyone is clean. but they will all have better times n shit.

That's a very interesting statement.

If that becomes a reality, will results boil down to the timing, the supplementation, the combination and who is up to date with newest developments of drugs?

From another angle, and a question (and it is just a question) has bodybiulding mainly lost its appeal because of the bloated unnatural looking bodies?

But we are not talking about what's even, but what's fair.