• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Usain bolt/yohan blake killer body (olympics)

mouradsky

Hey guys, watching the olympics athletics track you see some bodies from the gods, two stand outs would be yohan blake and usain bolt, what would their workouts be like to attain such a stunning physique?

their diet? are they all about compound lifts or not really? because to be honest ive seen guys squat a shitload and dont have that amount of defiinition.

I don't think usains proportions make him look as good as you make out but I do whole heartedly agree that sprinters in general look damn good. Sprinting is all about power so they would train as such.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Comparing Bolt and Powell is pretty interesting they have a completely different make up, Bolt is actually quite lean..

They were saying on fox this afternoon one of his strides at full speed is the equivalent of 3 metres

thats my whole point, how do you maintain so much lean tissue when you're incorporating so much cardio into your routine?

I would really love to know what their training is like.

thats my whole point, how do you maintain so much lean tissue when you're incorporating so much cardio into your routine?

I would really love to know what their training is like.

It is not marathon running. Sprinting promotes muscle mass and power and is not that high in volume vs distance runs. And even when incorporating a lot of cardio as long as you lift and eat appropriate amounts you will keep your lean mass.

Don't forget why they are there..
Genetics

this. lifting, diet and training complements their genetic gifts - it does not create it.

my understanding of sprinter's body composition was that a larger, stronger upper body was necessary from a biomechanics POV to act as a counterweight of sorts (greatly oversimplifying) to the massive lower body.

i would guess that to achieve what they've got there'd be plenty of fast, heavy compound lifts going on, but that this would be secondary to time on the track - specificity, specificity, specificity. only once you're reaching the limits of how you can progress by doing starts, dragging 'cutes, etc, would the time be well spent optimising BC for speed.

Why is everyone harping on about Usain having a "killer physique" ?

To me, he's just a lean person with no more muscle mass than the average gym rat and as for that video of him "training" and then kissing his 13" arms, I'd say he's no better in the gym than your average gym rat, but obviously extremely gifted genetically to run fast, (I haven't seen any videos of him [on youtube] squatting big or doing *any* big weights in the gym that would imply he's "built it", which is why I say extremely genetically gifted). It's like asking a cheetah what makes it run so fast - what's its diet, what's its training, what suppliments does it take etc, ..it doesn't do any of that, it's a cheetah, its just genetically made to run fast.

Not hating, just trying to rationalize what I see...

Discuss?