• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

INSANITY 60 day dvd package.

Mick

Hey guys, need some opinions on a product called INSANITY workout Insanity Workout - Extreme Home Workout DVD - Insanity Workout Reviews - beachbody.com

The concept is basically reverse HIIT, where you have a high intensity and low rest, (seems a lot like Tabata).

A friend of mine is a little bit fit. Fit enough to pass a Basic fitness assessment in the defence force, (40 push ups in 2 minutes, 100 sit ups with feet held, and 2.4km in 9:30). This is his maximum though he struggles slightly.
Also he has a injury/minor aliment with his Achilles tendon which is being managed with a orthotic in the effected leg.
Now the outcome he is wishing for is to increase his strength and cardiovascular endurance to be able to meet the requirements for Special Forces, which is; 60 push ups, 100 sit ups feet not held, 8 heaves (minimum), 2.4km in 9:00, swim 400mtrs in 18 minutes in fatigues, and a 20 minute circuit of various body weight exercises non stop trying to achieve max rounds.
This is all done consecutively in one day.

Now my response to this purchase of INSANITY was somewhat sceptical as it doesn't include heaves or swimming and seems very very Achilles dependant (with all the jumping).
I recommended SS but supplementing bench with drop sets of push ups. Mainly with the idea of having a strong base of strength before attempting INSANITY, and also targeting the specific tasks he wants to achieve.

Should I give my mate a slap around the head and tell him to listen or is something like INSANITY good for motivating people who otherwise wouldn't get off their ass. :confused: