• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my gym

taurus

The gym i always trained at was in my parents garage. It had everything i needed! They sold the place & I gave most of the gear away to the local surf club gym...

I joined up some 5hit gym and hated it. I had some stuff left over & a mate had some stuff accumulated over the years.

One afternoon on a run, i went past all these sheds and thought 'that'd be a great spot for a gym'. the next day i went past, found the owner & organised to rent the empty one off him!!

Rang my mate, got all our gear and scoured eBay for more. I found a heap of old stuff & working in construction, i had a few mates with connections, so got the truck tyres and ropes off another guy for nothing!!

My dad knows abit about welding/engineering, so we made a sled (couldnt find the photo sorry) and the farmers walk gear from scrap metal. Also some boxes for plyo training.

We made sand bags from old truck tyre inners and filled them with sand.

It has everything we need. bodybuilding, strength & x-training. The ropes are SO hard to climb!!

The gym isnt open to the public, but if youre travelling to sydney, give me a PM i'd be happy to have a workout with anyone from here!!

I need some more dumbells & I think it will be perfect. The mats on the ground I had in my garage, the squat racks, I kept mine & my mate had one in his yard too!

The kegs you can see I also got off another friend who manages a pub. I was working there and asked for a couple! One has some beer in it, its hard to throw! haha

Pics below

2rh07sh.jpg

deu1j6.jpg

We made these for box jumps
2hwdz80.jpg

rgwmky.jpg

34fld20.jpg

also made these for farmers walks, 45kgs each
34rixko.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice no bullshit setup.
Where abouts is this private gym mate?
This is just for you and ya mate? Awesome

also made these for farmers walks, 45kgs each
34rixko.jpg

Never seen a farmers walk contraption like this mate...looks good.

Have you ever had a problem with dropping them through exhaustion and having them tip inwards onto your legs? No injury/hazard concerns?

way to go that's the way you do it , stuff trying to cram it all into the garage , rent out a shed and set it up

Never seen a farmers walk contraption like this mate...looks good.

Have you ever had a problem with dropping them through exhaustion and having them tip inwards onto your legs? No injury/hazard concerns?

your hands and forearms get tired, but havent dropped them yet!! if there is an injury hazard, ill deal with it when it happens!

Awesome. Just get rid of those mirrors in front of the power racks and it would be perfect.

Wouldn't want to miss a box jump on those! Good bye shins!

Lol at the chains with hooks still attached bet the crane crew is still looking for them. Nice gym mate jealous.

Awesome set up, and great story.

Where abouts in Sydney are you based??

With a set up like that you might as well charge membership fees and at least cover your rent and may be buy some more equipment:)

Awesome set up, and great story.

Where abouts in Sydney are you based??

With a set up like that you might as well charge membership fees and at least cover your rent and may be buy some more equipment:)

got everything me and my mates need. Definitely not looking to make money out of it!