• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you correct an overworked chest muscle?

andie

For most guys and definitely some women, the chest muscles are actually overworked which leads to some postural problems along with imbalances in the shoulder area.

Any pointers on how to correct this?

TIA:)

pendlays, chest support row, any barbell row, dont get me wrong and go on a rowing machine hahaha also pull ups wouldnt hurt it either, stronger lats will help

I try to stretch the crap out of my chest and lats in the mornings, and hammer the crap out of my back in the gym... I also don't stretch my rhomboids any more (don't know if the last thing is good advice, just what I do),

as callan said strict rows, I try and pull from the rhomboids, hit the traps and rear delts.

also postural awareness helps...