• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stretching and mobility program

YoHoJo

What's a good program for increasing flexibility and mobility. I have never been to flexable and stuff like ankle mobility isn't too good

Seeing as I'm doing the beginners program i thought I would start stretching more and hopefully become flexable

The best stretching and mobility program I've been on is the weight training program itself.

Complicating things will more often than not, place One in more trouble than the early settlers.

The act of heavy weight (resistance) properly executed will safely and effectively force the body parts into the correct posisition of full stretch to full contraction.

goosey, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but going by your first post i get the impression you don't do any stretching or mobility exercises yourself yet you are trying to give out advice on it? =\

goosey, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but going by your first post i get the impression you don't do any stretching or mobility exercises yourself yet you are trying to give out advice on it? =\

I'm giving a reply based on my experience with myself and others I haved worked with and what I've read.

I think "stretching exercises" are over rated and not safe.

The most effective and efficiant method of improving strength is to apply proper resistance provided by heavy weight that actually pushes body parts, under proper tension past the normal range of movement.

I believe there is a different response between bending over and trying to touch your toes with a straight leg, holding it for time...compared to doing 20 rep's of stiff legged deadlifts to fatigue.

Makes sense?

By all means stretch but keep that in bed or use a light stretch after a workout as a means of relaxation.

Just my thoughts

I'm also interested to know exactly what he is doing in the way of weight lifting.

Military press 3x10
Leg press 3x10
SLDL 3x10
Bench press 3x10
Chin-up max
Dips max

Workout I'm doing

Moreso wanting to increase flexibility and not be as tight in places like hammies etc

Military press 3x10
Leg press 3x10
SLDL 3x10
Bench press 3x10
Chin-up max
Dips max

Workout I'm doing

Moreso wanting to increase flexibility and not be as tight in places like hammies etc

I think you spelt squat incorrectly?