• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lunch time work outs?

peanutz

So my new office is across the road from my gym. Literally. I've decided I like my sleep too much to get up early, and often cave in and just go home after work, so I'm going to have a crack at lunch time sessions.

Anyone else do lunch work outs?

I was thinking about it,there is a plus fitness across from my shopping centre and would love to head over to do my assistance exercises during the day, then my heavy lifts when I get home. I don't know why I haven pursued this, it I'll save me time at home.

Yeah i train at lunch times and find it great. The gym is generally quiet with no many people so you can get in do your workout and getout in a short amount fo time, you have a set time limit so you have to push yourself through the workout to get everything done, and you can eat straight afterwards sitting at your desk.

Plus it gives you something to look forward to each day as it gets you out fo the office and breaks up your day.

I do, but I find i struggle to fit my workout in completely at lunch time (but my gym is 1km away) once to-from, warmup and shower are considered.

Work great for freeing up my day however not to have the gym after work.

i work 5min walk from home, I try to head home for my 1hr break and do my lifting then, Cook, Shower and back to work.

ANd like some of the above, If running a bit short on time, an unoffical feed at my desk on my return :)

Last edited:
How do you squeeze in lunch and workouts?

I have a pre workout shake about 30 mins prior and then have post workout meal sitting at my desk "working" away....

While i would generally like and extra 15mins on my workouts i do find i makes you push through your workouts, but still manage to get 4 - 5 exercises in with a couple of warmups sets.

I would be very happy to eat at my desk.

Do you guys have 30, 45 or 60 for lunch?

Only thing im nervous about is that ppl sit around the lunch table for an hour and a half without an issue, but if youre OUT of the office for much more than 45 people get funny...

I would be very happy to eat at my desk.

Do you guys have 30, 45 or 60 for lunch?

Only thing im nervous about is that ppl sit around the lunch table for an hour and a half without an issue, but if youre OUT of the office for much more than 45 people get funny...

I have a 60 min lunch break, but sometimes go over this a little, but then i have a reasonably flexable working hours and people know i head to the gym during lunch, so if i am a little late making up the time by staying back is fine, provided i am around for meetings etc etc when scheduled there is no problem.

My new office has a stove - which is unheard of in most of our buildings due to OH&S / Fire issues ... no one uses it. Maybe i should break it in by cooking chicken every single day lolz

I don't normally do actual workouts at lunch time as I'd have to drive home (5mins each way) but I quite often go down to the beach for a walk and stop at the jungle gym for pullups & levers & stuff :) Just enough to break the day up.

Some people do better working out before work as they have no interruptions. Lunch time sessions sometimes get over run by meetings and work commitments. Depends on if you see this occurring often.

It really would be convenient for me to workout in the mornings, before work. But my body just can't switch on properly enough that early to handle lifting weights. I'm too much in zombie-mode to be able to do it.

If I didn't have my own home gym I'd probably look into visiting gyms at lunch time.

No way, I wouldn't have had the clarity or commitment or time to relax into my workout in my lunchbreak when I was working full time. Morning workouts for me all the way, best way to start my day :)

If you've got the time though & it fits into your schedule, go for it!

No way, I wouldn't have had the clarity or commitment or time to relax into my workout in my lunchbreak when I was working full time. Morning workouts for me all the way, best way to start my day :)

If you've got the time though & it fits into your schedule, go for it!
\

That only works for people that can even get out of bed before about 8am :)

lol

Bella is awake before 5am every morning. I wake up beautifully ;) (ahem)

Then train for a couple of hours & wallah, the day is kicked off to the best start ever! :)

Mwahaha

I wake up something like a scene out of the adams family involving a coffin and a lot of creaking and groaning :)

I wake up something like a scene out of the adams family involving a coffin and a lot of creaking and groaning :)

mwahahaha you and most other people by the sounds of it! lol

I'm a morning girl! Always have been.
Actually I'm a night girl too.

I'm an all-day, all-night kinda gal! :D

Sleep is not my friend........that's the real truth lol

done!
legs (as my hand is bung, see other threads)
5 x 3 x 5 press
5 x 5 extensions
5 x 5 curls
5 x 5 squats (no weight :(
and 100 lunges

theres was a grand total of... NO other people there. amazeballs.