• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

General Sprinting Advice

DREADLIFT

So basically I haven't done any form of running since school boys footy 6 years ago, and avoided any sort of accelerated foward movement or cardio like the plague due to knee problems and being a heavy fuck, however i have recently began doing interval sprints on flat ground and up a hill, and am actually quite enjoying it.

My question is, any advice for sprinting, such as what are some of the most common mistakes, and the best way to avoid injury.

Or am i overthinking this and should just sprint till i puke.

One of the most common mistakes is heel striking. This will give you sore shins. Learn proper technique.

Other than that, just get out and do it.

One of the most common mistakes is heel striking. This will give you sore shins. Learn proper technique.

Other than that, just get out and do it.

Yes, not only sore shins but knee, hip and back and neck issues, sprint on your balls man.

If you want to get technical look into pose running....

I made the switch from using cushioned running shoes to minilamist shoes like Nike free.. took a bit of a transition but running time and technique has improved 10 fold because you can't heel.strike or you feel it!!

Cushioned shoes are designed to heel strike

to minimise strees on knees, try and run on a grass surface, even rugby or football if no grass athletics tracks around.