• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Expression of Love

Bella

Babycakes
What do you think ausbb? Beautiful? :)

What's the wildest and most beautiful expression of love, you've ever made?

STORY

A devoted husband spent years creating this touching heart-shaped meadow as a tribute to his late wife.

Farmer Winston Howes planted the oak saplings after his wife Janet died suddenly 17 years ago.

The 70-year-old laid out the fledgling trees in a six-acre field but left a perfect heart shape in the middle - with the point facing in the direction of her childhood home.

The labour of love has now blossomed into a mature meadow - a peaceful oasis where Winston can sit and remember his wife of 33 years.

His meadow cannot be seen from the road and has remained a family secret until a hot air balloonist took this photograph from the air.

He said: "I came up with the idea of creating a heart in the clearing of the field after Janet died.

"I thought it was a great idea - it was a flash on inspiration - and I planted several thousand oak trees.

"Once it was completed we put seat in the field, overlooking the hill near where she used to live. I sometimes go down there, just to sit and think about things. It is a lovely and lasting tribute to her which will be here for years."

winston howes.jpg

Winston and his beautiful wife Janet, the year they got married.

winston howes2.jpg

winston howes3.jpg

Winston, who owns an 112-acre farm near Wickwar, South Gloucestershire, decided to seed housewife Janet's legacy after she died from heart failure in 1995, aged 50.

The pair got married in nearby Stroud in 1962.

He created with the wood using small oak trees next to his farmhouse in the months after her death - marking out an acre-long heart with a large bushy hedge.

The entrance to the secret heart is only accessible from a track leading up to its tip.

Winston said: "We got people in especially to do it - there are several thousand trees.

"We planted large oak trees around the edge of the heart then decided to put a hedge around it too.

"The heart points towards Wotton Hill, where Janet is from.

"We plant daffodils in the middle that come up in the spring - it looks great. I go out there from time to time and sit in the seat I created.

"I also flew over it myself about five years ago."

Winston's memorial was shown in all its glory after keen hot air balloonist Andy Collett, 42, from Wotton-Under-Edge, Gloucestershire, soared over the wood last week.

The transport businessman could not believe his eyes when he discovered the symbol of love hidden among the trees.

He said: "I have my own balloon and am quite a regular flyer - but this was the most amazing sight I have ever seen from the sky.

"It was a perfect heart hidden away from view - you would not know it was there.

"You can just imagine the love story."

Last edited:
woah what an effort , and here i thought mowing the lawn was an expression of love

woah what an effort , and here i thought mowing the lawn was an expression of love
But it is a an expression love...if she comes out and says: "Look here, you missed a spot!" And you say: "Look closer." So she looks at the patch, and it says: "I will love you 5ever."

I know, they're adorable right?

I loved this story because I have a fetish for finding love hearts in beautiful places. Two cups side by side, leaves, shadows on buildings, random pieces of paper...etc etc....

I remember my family bought me a hot air balloon ride for my 19th birthday, to say bon voyage to beautiful Brisbane before I left for my adventures overseas - if I had seen the picture in the OP, my heart may have exploded! What a beautiful little love filled secret garden.....*sighs*

And what a grand gesture and expression to a wife he adored and lost too soon.

I swoon over stuff like this...damn hippie heart! lol

:)

Last edited:
@Callan
tumblr_m5tp4hGOBw1qbnggp.jpg