• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"The Experiment"

Justy

"THE EXPERIMENT"

I (the "subject") conducted an experiment over 7 days to see what the effects of abstinence would do to him mentally, and physically. Here is the abstract:

PubMed.Gov said:
Abstract - A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.

"The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change."

Source: A research on the relationship between ejaculation... [J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr] - PubMed result

Here is a related article showing proof of elevated levels in testosterone when abstinence occurs:

PubMed.Gov said:
Abstract - Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.

"These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males."

Source: Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm ... [World J Urol. 2001] - PubMed result

SUBJECTS FINDINGS:
Day 1: The pain begins.
Day 2: Almost failed experiment.
Day 3: [GYM DAY] No clear benefits. Almost failed experiment.
Day 4: Surprisingly, day 4 was as easy as day 1.
Day 5: Easily excited. Subject became aroused in front of dentist/dentists assistant, and female friend [*1].
Day 6: [GYM DAY] Easily excited. Excited during entire gym session due to an attractive female in the weights section wearing short shorts [*1]. Usually struggle on 3rd set of 85kg bench, but nailed it, and went on to do a set of 4x100kg. Subject also added 20kg to deadlift on 3rd set with same rep range as previous sets (120kg to 140kg). Clear strength benefits. Almost failed experiment terribly [*2].
Day 7: Easily very excited. Days productivity was fail. Only wanted one thing, and one thing only. Experiment concluded wonderfully.

Side note:
  • Subject feels 3 weeks of the experiment is not at all possible.

[*1]: No, I did not take pics - sorry.
[*2]: Subject almost failed in sleep.

If it was a 7 day test, would you get a little randy on the last day, knowing that you were mere hours from sweet release?

Its been well documented that the 'no ejaculation' rule shows a spike in test between days 3 & 5 but it plummets beyond day 7 Justy....

The 'subjects findings' made me laugh though :D

"THE EXPERIMENT"

I (the "subject") conducted an experiment over 7 days to see what the effects of abstinence would do to him mentally, and physically. Here is the abstract:

Here is a related article showing proof of elevated levels in testosterone when abstinence occurs:

SUBJECTS FINDINGS:
Day 1: The pain begins.
Day 2: Almost failed experiment.
Day 3: [GYM DAY] No clear benefits. Almost failed experiment.
Day 4: Surprisingly, day 4 was as easy as day 1.
Day 5: Easily excited. Subject became aroused in front of dentist/dentists assistant, and female friend [*1].
Day 6: [GYM DAY] Easily excited. Excited during entire gym session due to an attractive female in the weights section wearing short shorts [*1]. Usually struggle on 3rd set of 85kg bench, but nailed it, and went on to do a set of 4x100kg. Subject also added 20kg to deadlift on 3rd set with same rep range as previous sets (120kg to 140kg). Clear strength benefits. Almost failed experiment terribly [*2].
Day 7: Easily very excited. Days productivity was fail. Only wanted one thing, and one thing only. Experiment concluded wonderfully.

Side note:
  • Subject feels 3 weeks of the experiment is not at all possible.

[*1]: No, I did not take pics - sorry.
[*2]: Subject almost failed in sleep.

Quite funny, because when I was at uni a few of the boys and I tried this.

Incredibly difficult for me. Not only did I start to find women that I wouldn't normally find attractive, delicious - but my mind starting playing tricks on me.

I thought inanimate objects were giving me eyes. By day 3, I reached a sort of equilibrium and was "OK". Night 4 was something like this:

The stone representing my mattress.

Day 5 I reached failure in my sleep, and was temporarily dubbed 'Mr. Cabdury' by my peers.

The biggest problem, aside from being toey all the time was productivity and distractions. I could not get anything done. 2-3 days is the max I will leave my nethers unattended to. Also, after 5 days, ejacs become painful... so much pressure for one urethra!

Last edited:
hey i know this have nothing to do with this thread but i was wondering how your collarbone is doing?

You know I was literally thinking about this the other day. Ill be blunt and maybe a little gross but anyway.

I have almost no libido I have sex if its offered and I know there is no strings and I only masturbate when I want to pass time.

I have been hitting my bag pretty hard and long recently, The other day being bored I masturbated(Would have been 3-4 months since the last time), About a few hours later I go back to the bag and I straight away I feel slower, weaker and slightly less stamina also my pure "dog like aggression" or being able to activate fight or flight if you will was gone which I can activate at will any other time.

Two days after that I was sparring my friend and he mentioned that he felt like I was not trying, He said it was like I was not me, I did not have my crazy unorthodox style or aggression.

I assume the problem with this study is that 99.9% of people are not like me they stop and all there thoughts go to "getting some", They love sex or masturbation in general its a primal response that is not meant to be ignored. I am just lucky.

Last edited: