• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training and Workout Advice Needed

Runnerbean

Hey guys im new to this forum so i hope i have posted this in the correct area, if not the mods can feel free to move it.

Ive recently managed to get hold of a home gym set with weights ranging from 10kg to 150kg across all areas, i also have a chin up bar installed in my home. Im a fairly slim guy however very athletic so although my body is in good shape i would love to be able to define it more and build my upper body (bigger arms, defined abdominals and pecs etc), im about 5ft 10" and weigh approximately 65 kilograms.

Im very much aware this wont happen overnight but i would like some advice from people who have at one stage or another been where i am and know from experience the best way i can achieve my goals.

I have quite a few questions and i would more than appreciate any tips and advice you can give me.

Workout:
1) How long and how often should i typically work out for? I have heard people tell me once a day is too much and others tell me they train twice if not more each day.

2) Where should i start? By this i mean am i better off starting with the lighter weights and a greater amount of reps or at the heavier weights with fewer reps?

3) I assume you generally do a rep of say 20, either take a rest or move onto a different workout and then come back to the original exercise again?

Diet:
1) What foods and drinks will help in defining my abs and building my upper muscles? (i would prefer to stay away from protein powders and shakes etc unless i know they will definitely benefit me).

2) What foods and drinks should i stay away from?

3) Is it true you should keep eating throughout the day to provide the body with more energy to burn?

Im sure i will have more questions as i get started and once i receive some feedback but as i said before any advice you can give me is very much appreciated. Im very much looking forward to getting started and achieving the results i want.

Cheers.