• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Forearms cramping up

YoHoJo

I find that my forearms seem to cramp up pretty easily, sucks

Say I train for a while after about 20-30 minutes forearms are tight, hard and start cramping really sucks as say 21s barbell curls I start to cramp up before the muscles fatigue

Anyone else had this?

I know I sound a bit like a girl

In most of us, most of the time, it comes down to dehydration and electrolyte depletion.

Just make sure you're adequately hydrated before training. And that you're taking in salt, potassium, magnesium and calcium (via food sources or supplementation). Because when these nutrients fall to certain levels the incidents of muscle spasms or cramping, increases.

Poor conditioning, muscle fatigue and doing a new activity are other common reasons for muscle spasms or cramping.

See how the forearm is tomorrow, you should have no pain or tenderness I hope.

If this is the case, ensure you drink enough water before you train next time, so that your body is adequately hydrated.

Obviously if any pain and tenderness is ongoing and constant, you need to go and see your Dr.

But I'd bet 100 bucks, you just need a little more water ;)

Be interested to hear how you go! Good luck.

I find that my forearms seem to cramp up pretty easily, sucks

Say I train for a while after about 20-30 minutes forearms are tight, hard and start cramping really sucks as say 21s barbell curls I start to cramp up before the muscles fatigue

Anyone else had this?

I know I sound a bit like a girl

I suggest giving dumbbell curls a go. As they are less restrictive in movement they could reduce the cramps you are getting in your forearms.

enough of a warm up before and plenty of stretching before , between sets and after ?

eat more bananas ?

I have occasionally had this problem as well. Forearms as well as calves... Calves generally after serious leg work when the calves are getting a bash at the end and forearms after a "pull" workout. I took this as a sign of fatigue... Interesting to see that I am not the only one who has this occasionally. I have been hooking into magnesium at night which seems to help...