• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2 cardio questions! :)

_Gruph_

Dero
I have a couple questions regarding cardio...

Firstly untill tonight I hadent done cardio basically since playing league at highschool haha I just have never seen the point other than the benifits for my heart. I have always figured instead of burning 400 cals ill just eat 400 cals less. And that has worked for me fine except for the fact that I havent been sub 10% bf since highschool... I would like to rip up this year for xmas so I thought I might start doin some cardio. Cardio just looks terrible, u walk thru the gym and noone on a cardio machine looks like there enjoying themselves its horrible!! Any way tonight my gym partner was away so I thought id bash out a bit. I got on the rowing machine for 5 min and wasnt too fussed on that then to the bike for 10 min that was boreing as hell but then I got on the tredmill and really enjoyed it! I only set it for 5 min to start with but then I ended up running for an hr I didnt want to stop!! After I was like shit I must b fairly fit which is weird because I smoke 20 ciggs per day and I was walking with a girl from work home the other day and she noticed me huffing and puffing and said geez u look really fit but I dont think you are at all hahahaha

My questions are this...

Is cardio as catabolic as I have come to believe it is or is that bro science??

When I do cardio, does that burn dietry calories or stored calories???

Any info would be great but if someone actuially has scientific knowlage on this wuld b better.
Thanks!!

Hmm dunno about science and this catabolic business. But I did pretty much only cardio for 15 months and lost over 75kgs.

I then incorporated weight training and still continue to do some cardio and have now lost 87kgs.

So, scientifically, have no idea about catabolic etc etc - but my bodies responded just fine to cardio and/or cardio + weights.

So..............................take from that what ye will my friend ;)

And give up the ciggies ffs! They're shit for your body, are clogging your arteries and filling your lungs with crapola.

Doesn't matter how cut or magnificent or buff your body looks, if you wheeze like a motherfcker and smell like an ashtray!

And let's not even talk about the fine art of kissing......................a smoker!!!!!! :eek:

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I say this with love <3

lolol

And give up the ciggies ffs! They're shit for your body, are clogging your arteries and filling your lungs with crapola.

Doesn't matter how cut or magnificent or buff your body looks, if you wheeze like a motherfcker and smell like an ashtray!

So true, every time I see a hot chick smoking a cig a part of me dies inside.

e

lolol

Dude if your keen to get low body fat% do not give up smoking whatever you do. Yeah its unhealthy and all that shit but I have never known anyone to give up smoking and lose weight, always the other way give up the durries and blow up like a balloon.

My metabolism has been a snail since I quit smoking and its been over 8 years.

I like Bella did cardio solely and lost 30kgs so it's not all bad... but boring as bat shit at a gym, if you wanna run start hitting the streets far more interesting!

Ok thanks for the responces, im just gona keep it up for the next few months and see wat happens! I guess thats the only way to kno for sure :)