• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hostile Muscular Guys

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
According to a study conducted at the University of Westminster, stronger men make awful boyfriends. The study surveyed 327 straight British men, more than a third of whom were single, and discovered that the more muscular the participant, the more likely he was to have sexist beliefs and hostility toward women.

"We think men who hold oppressive beliefs about women and gender equality are also more likely to endorse traditional stereotypes of masculinity, which includes the muscular physique,"
The researchers also claimed that in societies where patriarchal structures are being challenged, men may attempt to prove their masculinity by bettering their bodies. Basically, men who are around women in power tend to feel threatened and display this through gaining muscle.
Science Says: Don't Date Muscular Guys! | Love + Sex - Yahoo! Shine

oh dear....

I know some pro bodybuilders, one of whom has biceps as big as my torso.

he is the sweetest man ever. OK one guy doesn't disprove a general finding but wow, I find this hard to believe. I would bet there are other cultural factors at work. what demographic were they looking at?

my money is that this study has biased samples of humans....

What the hell is this shit. Must have been written by stinking femi-nazi greenies. They should stay in the kitchen where they belong. Arrrgh fucking ****s.

oh dear....

I know some pro bodybuilders, one of whom has biceps as big as my torso.

he is the sweetest man ever. OK one guy doesn't disprove a general finding but wow, I find this hard to believe. I would bet there are other cultural factors at work. what demographic were they looking at?

my money is that this study has biased samples of humans....

agreed CCM I have a lot of mates that do weight lifting and some very seriously, on the most part they are all really sweet and will do anything for you. There are a few exceptions I know of but I insist they have always been that way and if anything the fact they built muscle increased their original arrogance

What the hell is this shit. Must have been written by stinking femi-nazi greenies. They should stay in the kitchen where they belong. Arrrgh fucking ****s.

incorrect. it's a study that is most likely conducted by people who have NFI about how to conduct a proper study. The sample would undoubtedly be demographically biased. Ergo the silly results.

incorrect. it's a study that is most likely conducted by people who have NFI about how to conduct a proper study. The sample would undoubtedly be demographically biased. Ergo the silly results.

No CCM brick be angry arrrgh. I am going to punch something now while I propogate dated sterotypes on the roles of women in society.

This is what happens when you fund shitty areas like 'gender linguistics' in public universities.

Then again the IQ of your average meathead is woefully low.

No CCM brick be angry arrrgh. I am going to punch something now while I propogate dated sterotypes on the roles of women in society.

lol I've just had a brilliant idea. BRICK to judge who gets research grants from now on!!! You'd be awesome.
But please don't hit anyone or cause any serious injuries whilst doing so!!!!
:eek:

This is what happens when you fund shitty areas like 'gender linguistics' in public universities.

Then again the IQ of your average meathead is woefully low.

All too true.... :(

lol I've just had a brilliant idea. BRICK to judge who gets research grants from now on!!! You'd be awesome.
But please don't hit anyone or cause any serious injuries whilst doing so!!!!
:eek:

All too true.... :(

Lol might be just the job for me. I'd make the academics compete for their grants. Swords, pistols or bare nuckle fight to the death winner gets a research grant. I bet there would be a significant increase of the level of awesomeness in research.

Lol might be just the job for me. I'd make the academics compete for their grants. Swords, pistols or bare nuckle fight to the death winner gets a research grant. I bet there would be a significant increase of the level of awesomeness in research.

I would love to watch some of those autistics battle it out. Helicopter punches ftw.

This is rubbish stereo typing bullshit but at the same time has some truth to it. This reminds me of the saying "most Muslims are not terroists but most terrorists but muslim".

Bwa ha ha. What a load of shite.

Gotta love feminista sociology and all its retarded ilk. Responsible for many [more] thoroughly confused individuals - male, female and other.

But it is understandable, that some will fear strength in others, of whatever kind. Ironically, that was one of their "arguments", as quoted. :rolleyes: