• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Brisbane East, gym recommendations?

C

Chookie

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any tried and tested recommendations for gyms in the Carindale area?

I might been swaying heavily towards a 24 hour gym as I work shifts and can't always get there in normal gym opening hours...in particular on weekends I have to work.

Local 24hour options close by are;
Jett's (I heard they only have smith machine for squats/ bench etc)
Snap
Anytime fitness (murrarie or coorparoo)

While I am at it, if anyone needs/wants a newbie, unfit, bit on the heavy side training partner in that area, feel free to PM....

Cheers

Don't go to carindale fitness first, thats shit.

Im at snap fitness birkdale, its alright i get what im what cause im a boss.

Jetts don't have a squat rack so its shit.

Im a nice guy so if you want someone to show you how to get it done or a training partner, pm me, youll need 10 posts first though

Thanks heaps, will check out carina snap tomorrow (it's just around the corner) and I'll start posting...

I live pretty close to Carindale (more Mansfield, Mount Gravatt way) and am keen for a more of a 'gym' gym, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, I'm pretty time poor, so getting to PTC or Gold Coast Barbell regularly would be difficult. Does anybody know of any plans for a similar set-up in the future around this south-east Brisbane area?

I live pretty close to Carindale (more Mansfield, Mount Gravatt way) and am keen for a more of a 'gym' gym, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, I'm pretty time poor, so getting to PTC or Gold Coast Barbell regularly would be difficult. Does anybody know of any plans for a similar set-up in the future around this south-east Brisbane area?

What gym do you go to now?

I'm at springwood and would love to get to PTC regularly but it ends up being a fairly significant drive.

What gym do you go to now?

I'm at springwood and would love to get to PTC regularly but it ends up being a fairly significant drive.

I go to the Snap at Holland Park. Convenient, but hardly the best atmosphere. My attitude goes to the dogs as soon as I walk in the place and I'm sure my performance suffers accordingly.

I go to the Carindale Fitness First. A whole of lot bros recently left for the new GO at Westfield Carindale, so the gym's improved a great deal.

There is a huge amount of space wasted on machines and your general area for floor work, but it does have 3 squat (curl) racks, a smith, 2 flat benches, 2 incline benches, 5 different places you can do pullups/chins and 3 cable stations for crossovers and the like. In addition to all your usual hammer strength gear.

From that perspective, even when it's busy (particularly now that the bros have gone) you slot a workout in relatively easily. However, if you're after a gym-bunny-free zone with just the iron and 4 walls, it's probably not ideal.

It's missing a decline bench (the chest or abs one), one of those stands you use for hyperextensions and doesn't have a pec deck which you can do reverse flyes on.

However, it doesn't sound like a gym that closes at 9.30 week days and 7 or 8 on the weekends is going to be ideal for you. I have a mate who uses the Snap Fitness at Morningside. He'd previously used the Wynnum Fitness First. He didn't seem to have any issues with it and got very very good results there. Maybe that's another option.

Snap here too chookie. They have everything you need, just make sure your local one has a squat rack. But for your work schedule, its ideal. Which is exactly the reason I joined, if I need to work out at 4am, I do.

Good luck girl x

I currently go to snap morningside, only had one squat rack but since its 24 hours you can choose the times it's not to buisy.