• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do i start weight trainig?

R

rum

Ive recently made my mind up to seriously get into weights but i just dont know how to start.

i used to be fit - running, kickboking, footy - that was 2 years ago. just over a year ago u was playing BBall and suffered a bad knee injury where i had a full knee reco - worst time in my life! That made me pretty lazy and now im fully recovered but still havent done anything till now. Im fat (for me anyways 6ft1, 90kgs mostly flabby), weak (cant even bench 50kgsx10 for 3sets - not even 2 sets even) and unfit (struggle to run 2kms without stoping)

ive read heaps over the past few days which has changed my thinking heaps. My previous weigh sessions used to consist of Day1: back/Bi, Day 2: Chest/Tri Day 3: Shoulders/Traps with a day of rest between each session.

Ive read through the mad cow traning 5x5, the starting strength guide and various other stickies, pages and have a good idea HOW to start trainig but not sure if i need something even more basic.

To put things into perspective - I didnt even know what a deadlift was, or how to perform a proper squat. I looked up a few pages, vids etc and know HOW to now but i cant. Im trying it now with a 10kg bar and nothing else and i cant even get my squat to half way while maintaining posture. IE: cant get my arse below my knees while feet are flat on floor. I dont want to redo an old injury and i guess thats why ive done sweet FA till now.

Ive started running and building up my cardio - stretching - getting back into it. But does any1 have any advice for a begginers beginer

Im trying it now with a 10kg bar and nothing else and i cant even get my squat to half way while maintaining posture. IE: cant get my arse below my knees while feet are flat on floor.

move your feet apart a bit more and point your toes outwards. Can you get down lower now? If not, what feels like the restraining factor ... strength, tightness, bad knee?

does any1 have any advice for a begginers beginer
Begin.

You know what to do, just start doing it.