• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Secret of a man’s happiness: do the dishes for a quiet life

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Secret of a man’s happiness: do the dishes for a quiet life

They may be written off down the pub as “under the thumb”, but husbands who do more chores in the home are happier than those who do not, according to experts at Cambridge University.

A study of men across seven countries found that those who shouldered a bigger share of domestic responsibilities had a better sense of wellbeing and enjoyed a better work-life balance.

But experts suggested that, while this may be partly because they felt less guilty, the main reason could be that they had simply learnt the secret of a quiet life.

Sociologists used data from the regular European Social Survey which compares the lifestyles of people across Sweden, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Britain.

All of the participants are asked standard questions used to measure their happiness or wellbeing such as whether they feel “fulfilled” in life and whether they wake up feeling refreshed.

They were also asked a series of questions designed to measure their levels of “work-life conflict”.

read more Secret of a man’s happiness: do the dishes for a quiet life - Telegraph

Hmm, not too sure about this one boss.
I keep the kitchen clean cos I hate a dirty kitchen. Doesn't make me happy, just annoys me when other people make mess.

Yeah, I'm not sure about this study. alarm bells.

in the "modern era", a fair division of labour at home is hardly a big ask for men considering that more often than not, their partners are also working full time jobs and long hours, sometimes more than them.

Still, women tend to do the lion's share of household chores in many homes, regardless.

Wow, doing the dishes. Big sacrifice. I'm a tad horrified at Cambridge Uni.

yet another bunch of researchers getting spondoolies for bumming around with pseudo research. :(

I used to always do my ex girlfriends dishes.

Because, I actually don't mind doing the dishes.

She used to chuck the shits when I would clean her house (pigsty) up.

A mate of mine is in jail get's his dishes done, clothes washed, gets to workout as much as he wants, doesn't have to go to work, gets to wear tracksuits all day, got his own room 3m*4m, colour tv, playstation. Sounds like fucking perfect life to me.

Granted he isn't getting laid but neither are most of the married people I know and at least he doesn't have to do the dishes just to keep the peace.