• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to look great in a gym

wingman

Super M0derator
Someone pointed me out to this hilarity. It was from some website where a female reader asked how to look great in the gym. Thought it might be useful for some of our female members :p:rolleyes::cool:

8 Ways to Look Great at the Gym
1. Don a Bandana
A bandana wrapped around your head isn't just there for looks, though it does make a gym outfit cuter. Use a bandana -- or a sweat band -- to keep both hair and sweat out of your eyes while you get your cardio on.

2. Utilize Color
Who says you need to wear all black, white or gray at the gym? Employ your favorite color the next time you get dressed for a workout session. You can wear a colorful top, bottom or even shoe.

3. Show Off Your Bod
If you've worked hard for your body, don't hesitate to show it off with a sports bra and spandex shorts. In addition to looking good and feeling great, your body will stay cooler than it would in a baggy T-shirt and shorts.

4. Wear Street-Turned-Sportswear
Clothing companies that fashion sportswear know that women like to look and feel great while they're at the gym. Some offer workout wear that actually looks like street wear, like this shirt. Such clothing absorbs sweat and keeps everything in place while still looking cute.

5. Bring a Towel
Don't forget your gym towel when you go to the gym. Use it to dry yourself off -- keeping sweat at bay and you looking your best -- and wipe off any equipment you use. It's common courtesy at the gym to clean the machines when you're finished with them.

6. Avoid Bunching
Wear yoga pants or spandex leggings to show off muscular legs. In addition, the stretchy garment clings to your body and won't bunch like shorts do -- talk about uncomfortable and unattractive. Yoga pants also come in handy during an outdoor workout during the cooler months.

7. Sport a Jacket
Bring a sports jacket or other form of cover-up with you when heading to the gym. You'll be able to cover up post-workout for a pulled-together look you'll be thankful for if you're only wearing a sports bra or if it's cold outside.

8. Keep Your Hair Up
Wear your hair up and off your face at the gym. This prevents sweat from soaking your hair, making post-gym freshening up a lot easier. Secure a chignon bun with a soft scrunchy for a low-maintenance look.

laughing hysterically ... omg the dreaded *bunching* lolol

this is gold....has to be from an online women's mag.

fabulous...oh i better go change and put on some bright colours and do my hair and makeup before bootcamp in the dark

:D:D:D

I don't understand why a person would want to stay cool, unless they were feeling faint or unwell. The warmer, the better!

Thankyou wingman I am glad women have finally realised they need to look good in the gym, Nothing worse than a cardio bunny who has potential but insists on wearing some daggy old tshirt and trackies.

If your going to venture out of the kitchen ladies at least make the effort to look your best.

Thankyou wingman I am glad women have finally realised they need to look good in the gym, Nothing worse than a cardio bunny who has potential but insists on wearing some daggy old tshirt and trackies.

If your going to venture out of the kitchen ladies at least make the effort to look your best.

always smooth :)

I don't understand why a person would want to stay cool, unless they were feeling faint or unwell. The warmer, the better!

KungFooGoo needs to stay cold at all times. If he gets hot or starts sweating his skin falls off. (Kinda half serious but not really kind of )

KungFooGoo needs to stay cold at all times. If he gets hot or starts sweating his skin falls off. (Kinda half serious but not really kind of )

I understand your dilemma (especially with the 'herp derp').

Kind of sucks though, especially when you WANT that warm blood coursing through your veins.

I regulate body temperature by the automatic adjusting of the height of my testicles, or is that the other way round?

I don't find any humour in it? What am I missing?
Sounds like something from CLEO or Cosmo....?

I don't find any humour in it? What am I missing?
Sounds like something from CLEO or Cosmo....?

I guess it's supposed to be funny because it's so baaaad.

That said, I've committed to frocking up Mad Men style, complete with heels and red lippy for bootcamp in future.
The heels will help me squat like you guys and gals and the rest will help me look fabulous as I work up a subtle "glow" during the workout.

just not sure whether a twinset and pearls + skirt or satin cocktail dress for tomorrow? i mean, it's Friday ...

:D:D

I guess it's supposed to be funny because it's so baaaad.

That said, I've committed to frocking up Mad Men style, complete with heels and red lippy for bootcamp in future.
The heels will help me squat like you guys and gals and the rest will help me look fabulous as I work up a subtle "glow" during the workout.

just not sure whether a twinset and pearls + skirt or satin cocktail dress for tomorrow? i mean, it's Friday ...

:D:D

hahaha that is such a good plan and exactly it is funny because some women take articles like that seriously

Lol! Who the heck writes this crap!

Go to gym
sweat
Leave red faced from exertive effort
Shower

That is all.