• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The end of DMAA

Bulk Nutrients

Site Advertiser
The end is nigh... DMAA (and Geranium) have been assessed under the Food Standards Code and will no longer be approved for in food use. We've been informed by the Health Department and are expecting official confirmation any day now, so we'll have to remove it from our store as soon as that is received.

This could be any where in the next few hours, up to the next few days. We are guessing it won't take long for papers to be filled out by them.

Regards,

Bulk Nutrients.

Dmaa

Hi,

Just a quick question. Has anyone found out how to store DMAA long term. I assume everyone is buying up big (for themselves, family, inlaws, outlaws and whoever).

Perhaps Bulk Nutrients could advice us on storing DMAA.:)

Apart from the people selling it is anyone actually that upset or concerned about this being banned. Most overrated stuff going around.

I'm not fussed, I stopped taking all preworkouts and caffeine a fair few months ago...I somehow developed a hyper-sensitivity to them, got high heart rate, jittery and sick....then the crash was even worse!!

It's funny because I've made my best progress without them.

Dmaa

Contrary to my Profile I have been training on and off since Lee Haney ended his rein as Mr Olympia in the late 80's. DMAA is one of those supplements which changed the game (as intensity is the name of the game) - thus DMAA's outlawing.
Thus my question. Has anyone found out how to store it long term or is two (2) years the limit everyone is going to tolerate.:)

Contrary to my Profile I have been training on and off since Lee Haney ended his rein as Mr Olympia in the late 80's. DMAA is one of those supplements which changed the game (as intensity is the name of the game) - thus DMAA's outlawing.
Thus my question. Has anyone found out how to store it long term or is two (2) years the limit everyone is going to tolerate.:)

I gotta say it's crap you get some nasty sides from mega dosing, fucking savage migraines. I would imagine if you bought a kilo and wanted to stop it going off just store in the freezer in an airtight container.

The end is nigh... DMAA (and Geranium) have been assessed under the Food Standards Code and will no longer be approved for in food use. We've been informed by the Health Department and are expecting official confirmation any day now, so we'll have to remove it from our store as soon as that is received.

This could be any where in the next few hours, up to the next few days. We are guessing it won't take long for papers to be filled out by them.

Regards,

Bulk Nutrients.

BN

When official confirmation does come... Will it mean that all stores will have to take it off the shelves??? Or will they still be able to unload there remaining stock on hand???

Dmaa

Been reading that it will be classified as a Category 9 substance (or is that in the U.S.) meaning it will be higher than a prescribed drug. From what I was reading on the TGA website it hasn't been approved as food therefore cannot be sold as a supplement, usual drama.
Speaking to Bulk Nutrients they say a couple of days. Bulk Nutrients actually pulled it from their website this morning saying it was banned then reinstated it.

Are you people experiencing bad side effects taking massive doses, not cycling it, or using it to often? Once a week gives you gains for that workout/bodypart without the side effects - I use half a dose of one of the leading brands once a week and its rocket fuel. Want to try it when sleeping with girls :)

Dmaa

Just back to my original question - storing the stuff long term, does anyone know the preservative that can be added to DMAA to store it long term. Any Chemistry Uni majors here - should be a few, this a bodybuilding forum.

How to store DMAA long term?:confused:

Been reading that it will be classified as a Category 9 substance (or is that in the U.S.) meaning it will be higher than a prescribed drug. From what I was reading on the TGA website it hasn't been approved as food therefore cannot be sold as a supplement, usual drama.
Speaking to Bulk Nutrients they say a couple of days. Bulk Nutrients actually pulled it from their website this morning saying it was banned then reinstated it.

Are you people experiencing bad side effects taking massive doses, not cycling it, or using it to often? Once a week gives you gains for that workout/bodypart without the side effects - I use half a dose of one of the leading brands once a week and its rocket fuel. Want to try it when sleeping with girls :)

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/18715-13dmaa-vs-speed.html

Have a read of that. End result of experiment was mega doses = migraine for up to 12hrs. Nasty. Just get on the gas if you want to party don't bother fucking around with dim.

Edit to answer your original op people generally store their 'substances' in the freezer and they keep fine.

My experience with it in JACK3d is none of the above. No headaches, no runs, no rushes, no come-downs... just PB's on most exercies due to feeling no pain.

I cycle in 5 week on/ 2 week off periods. Usually use it less than that though (some workouts I just feel I don't need it).

Dmaa

Thanks Brick but I wasn't talking about it being used for partying. These doses people are trying are too high, when combined with the caffeine in some PWO supps it gets bad. I haven't tried it outside of brand PWO formulas but thats the plan.

Try it again Brick with smaller doses and cycles. I think Candyflip uses it well, not quite my level though, but probably most peoples. Thanks again.:)

Thanks Brick but I wasn't talking about it being used for partying. These doses people are trying are too high, when combined with the caffeine in some PWO supps it gets bad. I haven't tried it outside of brand PWO formulas but thats the plan.

Try it again Brick with smaller doses and cycles. I think Candyflip uses it well, not quite my level though, but probably most peoples. Thanks again.:)

I workout at night so PWO stims are not an option as they keep me awake. That was just an experiment (I use the term loosely) to see what it was all about. I have no trouble getting into the zone when working out.

For what it is worth, it is an appetite supressor and would probably be pretty good at killing cravings when cutting. But you also develop a tolerance very quickly, as with all stims. No biggie that it's getting banned really, if you can't get dim just take caffeine. I would think it is very catabolic too.

Dmaa

I workout at 4am so it combined with a coffee about 9am keeps you zooming throughout the day.

Spoke to Customs and the TGA this morning. TGA hasn't required customs to "block" it yet so even when Australian sellers stop selling it you can still import up to when the TGA stops customs allowing it.

TGA number to call to find out if you can still bring it in from overseas is: 02 6232 8634.....:cool:

Whilst I am new here, Graeme (not Graham) sounds like a nice bloke, he might let me store it in his frig!;)

Dmaa

whilst I am waiting for more discussion on storing DMAA long term has anyone maxed on it and had sex (whilst maxing on it)?