• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thinking of mega dosing vitamin B5 to cure my acne help?

pumpiniron

Ive tried fuckin everything for acne, to the point where i stopped using anything and just shower 2-3 times a day. Sometimes my skin clears up for a short period but then i get bad breakouts on my chest or back. Ive been reading up and have seen that alot of people have been mega dosing vitamin B5 upto 5-10 grams a day and have shown good results.

Im gonna try this as i am fed up.

Thoughts?

My daughter struggled for ages with it, doc has given her some stuff to take and it cleared it up and has stayed clear for a while now. I think its a super low dose of antibiotic.

Ive tried fuckin everything for acne, to the point where i stopped using anything and just shower 2-3 times a day. Sometimes my skin clears up for a short period but then i get bad breakouts on my chest or back. Ive been reading up and have seen that alot of people have been mega dosing vitamin B5 upto 5-10 grams a day and have shown good results.

Im gonna try this as i am fed up.

Thoughts?

See a dermatologist they will give you some shit to clear it up real quick.

Try Zinc

or, if it's very bad, Roaccuatane.

I had to go on this when I was a teenager and it is the best thing for severe acne.

But, has some side effects.

I have been using about 8 grams a day for the last week and its been working, acne is starting to clear up, but the last few days i have had bad Diarrhea and stomach has been gurgling a fair bit, whether this is from the vitamin b5 or not im not sure.

^ This is the best advice.

If you can't get in to see a dermatologist (wait is too long or need a referral) see your local GP.

mate, i have seen one before he reccomended me epiduo gel, all that does is dry my skin out real bad... ive tried everything else. My acne isnt that bad to even consider something as rash accutane. But like i said the vitamin b5 is working but if this diarraeh continues i will have to lower the dose or stop taking it.

Try Zinc

or, if it's very bad, Roaccuatane.

I had to go on this when I was a teenager and it is the best thing for severe acne.

But, has some side effects.

Roaccuatane is to admart acne-vanish creams as steroids are to bullshit gym supplement foods. It WORKS. FAST. (probably a slightly immoral thing to post on these forums, but you get the point...)

I also tried some anti-bacterial stuff from a dermotologist as a kid, but these just didnt work with me and I went on roaccuatane.

It does have side effects however, but for me these were vastly outwayed by the positives. One side effect is supposebly depression - I suffered from this a lot as a kid but I think it was due to other stuff... but keep your mood in check and watch it.

Still, I think it's worth it. I'd like to thank my parents for putting me on roaccuatane and the drug itself for my complete lack of acne related scars these days... without it I'm not sure what I'd look like now. I might add I saw a dermotologist who realised the value in putting me on it before I got really really bad acne. If you can't get it off one try another.

fuck roaccuatane or accutane, would never touch the stuff.

OP, try benzyl peroxide, 2.5% (anything stronger makes me skin dry out) - only thing that works for me.

Seen a few threads on this, e.g. here http://ausbb.com/steroids-performance-enhancers/19195-acne-steroids.html#post336809

But
1) Avoid Roaccuatane, its a last resort...
2) Zinc and B vitamins help, but probably won't solve it
3) See a dermatologist.. there's good suggestions in this thread and the other - but the dermatologist will give the best recommendation. e.g. occasional use of benzyl peroxide ("Benzac AC" was).. Epiduo gel is ok but Differin better IMO as doesn't dry you out (Epiduo is combination Benzac AC and Differin) and doesn't bleach your bedsheets by accident. Cetaphil wash/moisturiser. Wearing sunscreen every day. Tetracycline (orally taken skin antibiotic) or Clindatech (topical skin antibiotic).

The hard thing is clearing it up takes time. Once you've cleared it up it's best to stop the medication and products listed above, and get on ones that help you skin "self-manage".