• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

6month check in

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
half way into the year , post up your progression pics , then and today

Anybody?

How about figures/stats if too lazy to take pics.

I'll go - after a very slow start to the year, just over 85kg now from starting at 81kg, minimal fat gains.

Already posted this in my transformation log.

Before was 21-12-12and bold was taken on 22-5-12

The change is in red for those playing at home as well.

Stats:
Age - 21
Height - 179cm 179ish
Weight - 72ish in PM 76.4 in AM +4.4kg
Neck - 35.5cm 38 +2.5
Chest - 92cm 99 +7
Stomach - 80cm 83 +3
Bicep - 32cm 35.5 +3.5
Forearm - 27cm 29 +2
Thigh - 48cm 53ish +5ish
Calf - 33cm 34.5 +1.5

Im a little heavier then l was on the 22nd, im about 77 and a bit in the morning now, will weigh in as per usual tomorrow morning.

My focus has moved more to strength training but have still made improvements all round, most noticeably quads and upper back, with a midsection decrease, weight has gone from 109 to 119 and back to 114ish with much more definable muscle and vascularity than I've ever had, not to mention strength just keeps climbing :)

Will sort out some update pics this week, ill be pretty interested to see how its going myself having hit 92kg (up from 85kg in Jan) :eek:

Well I weigh and look exactly the same, I've had a plague of small injuries so far and my diet has been nothing spectacular. No point in pics as I plan on bringing it home on the last 2 turns of the year. Well that's the plan :p. One thing is good though, I haven't put any more fat back on which is one of my nightmares.
Training has been good but I have had to change things up a bit as well as have a bit of time off due to shoulder injury. But there is still time and I believe if I can stay injury free I will come home strong towards xmas.

Weighed in at 77.9 this morning for those playing at home... Thats up nearly 6kgs since the start of the year.

Small changes for me but they are happening,
Thighs, in the middle: 23 -----> 25 inches
Chest, across nipples: 45 -----> 47 inches
Waist, around belly button: 43 -----> 42 inches still fat
Arms 16.5 -----> 16 3/4 inches

I think I started at the end of last year at about 72kg, then dropped down to 70kg by New Years, then slowly bulked back up to 72kg by mid-February. I then rapidly dropped down to about 65kg, due to not being able to eat thanks to some good old fashioned heartbreak. When I started being able to eat a little again, I went back up to 67kg and sat there until probably mid-April. Since then I've been slow-bulking again, currently back up to 70kg (so 3kg gain in about 2 months). My clothes fit looser than they did when I was 70kg 6 months ago, so that's a good thing.

I'm getting a Dexa in July to measure my new muscle mass after 6 months of strength training and mildly bulking. Too early to cut yet and not sure if I want to do another PL comp after Nats this weekend. I'd only need to cut 4-6kgs of fat and that can be done in 8 weeks for me.
My top picks not in any order:
Sam Hei Hei, Canned Tuna, and I'm hoping xwifex comes in also.
Would be good to see Sam take it. :)

I'm getting a Dexa in July to measure my new muscle mass after 6 months of strength training and mildly bulking. Too early to cut yet and not sure if I want to do another PL comp after Nats this weekend. I'd only need to cut 4-6kgs of fat and that can be done in 8 weeks for me.
My top picks not in any order:
Sam Hei Hei, Canned Tuna, and I'm hoping xwifex comes in also.
Would be good to see Sam take it. :)

Quoted for personal use and future reference in 6 months.

Can we have photos please everyone, in one thread?

The bookmakers are trying to write their thoughts and guesses for the 6 month check-in and need a one point reference for the progress so far.

The bookmakers are trying to write their thoughts and guesses for the 6 month check-in and need a one point reference for the progress so far.

In which thread ? This one ?

My progress has been going well, but not sure if I want go get pics up. I'm hoping for better progress in the second half of the year, given my tumultuous first half of this year.

Now weigh 91kg. Stronger. But not really leaner.
No pics, will be bulking for sometime yet. The cut won't take me long either(if I decide to do it :p ). My focus is strength and size for the moment. Tbh I just have no interest in cutting my bf at the moment haha

will take measurements tomorrow when i wake up, will see if i can be bothered taking pics haha

15BLbbe4TpnMuferWivLtfdNxGc8B0283.jpeg

1WDHm5iKDaQbu6fWdbnpPLuTkm6ys0158.jpeg

10Qyga1NZPlFqPFe3d2S47A5sUgpOb923.jpeg

1wIqTvZfSeIJ3PwUQOl2PSd5pCHQK316.jpeg

1SylT4k5SOKGyuRR4YYHRPSVL0xOgL1109.jpeg

There.

Looks like the bookmaking fraternity are going to have to go on 'track whispers'...

tsk tsk ... notoriously unreliable data!

:(

Looks like the bookmaking fraternity are going to have to go on 'track whispers'...

tsk tsk ... notoriously unreliable data!

:(

KungFooGoo will post up photos on Saturday even if herp derp hasnt cleared... Will give you a rough idea of what your working with.

Did you want me to post photos here or in my transformation thread?